Coconut Oil Hacks

$5

Coconut Oil is huge right now, and a lot of people are trying it for cooking. I have some other ways I use it in my home that I'd like to share with you...

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Loosen tough scissors and tools

If your scissors get sticky residue in them and they are having a hard time opening and closing or sticking closed, rub a little coconut oil on the scissors, wipe up the excess, and start wiggling them - they'll free right up. This works great on tools as well - pliers, garden shears, etc.

Stop stains on plastic storage containers

Rub coconut oil onto the plastic before putting items like spaghetti sauce that stain plastics.

Remove sticky label residue, glue, tape

Rub coconut oil on and use a scraper to scrub it right off of bottles. Works great to remove tape residue as well.

Moisturize Wood Cutting Boards and Wood Furniture

Scoop a little coconut oil onto a microfiber cloth and rub onto the cutting board to soak in. This will moisturize the wood and keep it from drying out. Plus it's food safe!

Season a cast iron pan

Spread coconut oil all over the inside of a cast iron pan. Place it in the oven on 350 and bake for 30 minutes. Pull out and let cool and your pan is seasoned.

Remove Crayon

Scoop some coconut oil onto a microfiber cloth and rub over the crayon on your door, table, and more to wipe it off.

Clean your stainless steel

Scoop a little coconut oil onto a microfiber cloth and rub it on your stainless steel. It cleans it right up! Works great on stainless pans and sinks as well!

Make a hand scrub

Place 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon sugar (or salt) in a bowl. Mash together with a fork until all the sugar is mixed into the coconut oil. Rub all over your hands and rinse off. The sugar exfoliates your skin while the coconut oil moisturizes it.

Wipe away greasy fingerprints

Scoop up a little coconut oil on a microfiber cloth and rub on your doors or other surfaces with grease on them, and wipe away those greasy fingerprints and surfaces.

Stop a squeaky door

Rub some coconut oil onto the hinges, wipe up the excess, open and close the door a few times, and the squeak will disappear.

Moisturize and make your shoes weather resistant

Scoop a little coconut oil on a microfiber cloth and wipe on your shoes. It will clean them, moisturize them, and make them weather resistant.

*Works great on leather couches as well!

Clean soap scum off of shower doors

Make a mixture of equal parts coconut oil and baking soda. Scoop a little of the mixture on a microfiber cloth and wipe on your soap scum. Wipe up excess with a microfiber cloth, and rinse.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Lmlahlum
    Lmlahlum

Does it really remove soap scum from shower doors? Nothing I have tried works. Does it need to soak?

• Angel Gramlisch
      Angel Gramlisch

I’ve cleaned and prepped homes to go on the market for years. My go to product for tough soap scum is Easy Off oven cleaner. Make sure and have the ventilation fan on, window open if you have one, and I always wear a face mask. But I leave it on for about thirty minutes and then just take a rags and wash it off. Works like a charm.

• Tanga Ellrich
    Tanga Ellrich

I am wondering if you could clean/polish granite

• Chas' Crazy Creations
      Chas' Crazy Creations

I haven't had experience with this, but I'm not sure I would polish it with the oil as granite is porous and might absorb and discolor the granite.

• Jody
    Jody

After you clean with coconut oil does it collect dust quicker? I have pets and I'm just thinking of pet hair everywhere.

• Angel Gramlisch
      Angel Gramlisch

Once you finish cleaning with coconut oil wipe down your area with a bounce dryer sheet. It keeps the dust at bay.