How To Make Oyster Shell Bookends

$25

I have a special project that I have been wanting to make for the last few months. DIY Oyster shell bookends. I am planning to add them to my new store. These pairs are going into my home first. They are going to be perfect for my bookshelves. The bookends have a natural coastal charm to them. Let me show you how to make them.

how to make oyster shell bookends
Step 1: Wood
 Take 2 2 by 10 lumber and have it cut to 8 inches high each one. Glue each side with liquid glue to form a L shape. Pain the wood white before going to Step 2.

how to make oyster shell bookends

Step 2: Gluing the Oyster Shells.

Make sure you select flat oyster shells to glue on the wood. You can lay the oysters shells flat until all the wood is covered. Add a small drops of Gorilla Glue. The shells should be a little damp so the glue works. Any exposed wood you can place a flat oyster shell over those areas. Glue lower part first before heading to the top of the L shape. Or vice versa. Let dry for 24 hours.

how to make oyster shell bookends

Step 3. Adding more layers.

Once both sides are covered with shells, you can add another layers of oyster shells toward the front of the bookends to create a design.

how to make oyster shell bookends

Make sure when adding the glue you wipe off any excess glue that is dripping.

how to make oyster shell bookends

• Oyster Shells  (Amazon)
  • Gorilla Glue  (Home Depot)
  • Wood  (Home Depot)
Simple Nature Decor