Found Objects Candlesticks

$2

This project is part of my Trashy Valentine's Day Decorations. I put it together with items from the recycle bin and things from the junk drawer. It started as sort of a scavenger hunt. I gathered all the potential pieces together and used them as building blocks to make a few different designs. Once I had the shapes I liked I used some glue to hold them together.

The project started with this box of stuff. I had some stone, an empty spool, a small bottle, some empty plastic fruit cups and some other junk.

I used some E6000 glue and hot glue to hold the pieces together.

Once the pieces where glued together they looked like this. I was actually a little surprised how sturdy / stable they turned out.

To finish the candlesticks I sprayed them with a coat of silver spray paint.

The last step was to add a little decoration so I used more E6000 glue and some silver beads as the finishing touch.

You can see the whole process in the attached video.

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please subscribe to my    Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Erin

Are they weighted enough not to fall over?

• Geanann

also maybe use empty thread spools since your recycling

• Margaret

I love this! A true upcycler. You took things people would throw away and made them into something beautiful. Very clever!

• Kat Rogers

BRLLIANT WORK~ I love your candle holders!

I am an Avid Upcycler~ I always feel good when I can avoid adding more garbage to our planet, and I don't have easy access to a recycling facility. However, I fear that my apartment might lead strangers to surmise that I have hoarding tendencies.😆 I have made a couple of plant stands using large plastic Pellegrino bottles, and they're not only cute but useful, too.

Thanks for sharing!