Gloria R
Gloria R
  • Uvalde, TX
Asked on Jun 20, 2012

Kitchen cabinets

MahtaMouseJoyce MDouglas Hunt
+4

Anyone know where I could get 1950-60 metal kitchen cabinets in the state of Texas? They can be somewhat dinged and a bit rusty. Not too expensive.
Thanks
  • 3po3

Is there a Habitat ReStore anywhere in your part of Texas? That might be a good source.

• Steve has a good idea. I checked E bay for them. Not to much selection and boy the prices were high. Check Craig s list also. You could post a wanted ad there and see what you come up with.

There is a metal cabinet forum on the Retro Renovation web site. You can look to see what's in your area: http://retrorenovation.com/forums/

• Gloria R

Thanks! I've looked at the Habitat stores but nothing yet. Craigslist and Ebay little selection and expensive. I'll check out the renovation site. I'll be patient. Thanks again

Good luck, Gloria. There's definitely a market for those, so sometimes it's hard to get a good deal, but you never know!

• Joyce M

try Habitat for Humanity or even put an add on Craig's List under the wanted adds?

• MahtaMouse

If not at a Re-Store or Habitat for Humanity, then check your yellow pages (or google, lol) for an architectural supply near you. It's a salvage yard where all the good stuff goes instead of to the dump :)