Turn a Pallet Into a Plant Hanger

7 materials
$30

5 years ago I got an itch to make a decorative piece for my patio out of a wood pallet. I brought a pallet home from work and started removing some of the slats. OK, has anyone else ever tried to take the slats off of a pallet? HOLY *#@&%! Its really hard! I even had my oldest son come out and help me, I was really struggling! (These things are built to NOT come apart apparently.) After i FINALLY got the slats off of one side, I sanded and stained the whole thing.

Exhausted (and a bit deflated) I realized I really didn’t have a definite PLAN for this piece of pallet art. So it has been hanging on my patio looking like this for a LONG time...

5 years later…

I don’t know what happens sometimes. This was not on my radar at all for a dreary Wednesday afternoon…but the vision came from out of the blue. I’m tired of looking at this unfinished project and I'm going to turn it into a hanging succulent garden. You will find the link for the full post below. But the pics tell a pretty good story.

create a noose with thick twine

tie ends of noose together with thin twine

Hot glue the knot to secure

SHORT wood screws

Do not drill the screws flush to the wood, leave some room to hang the noose from the screw head

10 nooses...

Beautiful! Why did I wait SO LONG to finish this project?

Lisa Jane Long

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 55 comments
Next