Replica of Henry David Thoreau's Cabin at Walden Pond

Pine Street Carpenters built and donated this replica of writer Henry David Thoreau's cabin at Walden Pond for a special exhibit at Tyler Arboretum in Media, PA.
"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society." - Henry David Thoreau
replica of henry david thoreau s cabin at walden pond, outdoor living
The construction of Pine Street Carpenters' Thoreau cabin replica (with musical accompaniment by Ste

• Thanks, all! Our carpenters would have loved to have done this project using only hand tools, but alas, our schedule was a bit tighter than Thoreau's! If you are ever in the Philadelphia region, Geri, stop by Tyler Arboretum. It's a beautiful spot, and the cabin will be there waiting.

• Dianne Wade

I would love to have that cabin built on my property with some additions to it.