Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Dollar Tree Cloche

$3

Check this out, using just glass, I put together this really chic cloche/ glass dome. The finished project doesn't look fully glass, and I'll show you how I did that as well. Once this project is put together, you'll be able to use it on your table or buffet to hold a plant or a cherished knickknack. I also got all of the items at the Dollar Store- always a win!

dollar tree cloche

Okay, so gather your materials, a glass plate, fish bowl, and text re spray paint.

dollar tree cloche

First take the plate/saucer (I found mine in the candle section of the dollar store) outside and spray paint the bottom, let it dry, and then flip and spray the other side as well.

dollar tree cloche

Then, to add some nice detail, I did the same thing with a drawer knob. I then glued the knob to the bottom of the fish bowl using e6000 and let it dry for 24 hours.

dollar tree cloche

And, believe it or not, that's it! Pretty simple, huh?

dollar tree cloche

Here is one idea with a knickknack, spanish moss, a succulent and a decorative ball- it makes a great display.

dollar tree cloche

Or maybe flowers...

dollar tree cloche

This perfect cloche can display just about anything from cut flowers, air plants, terrarium items, books- the sky is the limit, and for only $3!!

• Joy martin

Love it! I made several of these last year.

So fun to make huh? What color is this texture paint you used? I love the color.