DIY DREAMCATCHER- Dream a Little Dream the Easy Way

$2

I was in Barcelona, Spain in December and saw some really cute things there.

Like this Dream catcher which really gives off some BOHO vibes...

I've made dream catchers the more traditional way but wanted to try one with the crocheted doily center.

I don't crochet so...I went to the local thrift shop...

It seemed rather like cheating but ....it made this project SO easy and was only $1 at the thrift shop!

I considered dying it but liked it as-is....

And I also picked up this craft hoop at the thrift shop for 50 cents!

And I had this funky yarn string stuff in my craft bin which I used to wrap the ring.

As I wrapped it around the ring I threaded it through the doily to attach it. When I got to the end I dabbed some glue on the end to secure it.

I had these leaves I'd made in ceramics class which I was going to use as wind chimes but I thought this was even better. Obviously not everyone has these but what I'm suggesting is use what you have....beads or old jewelry pieces are great if you have them!

I tied my leaves on then chose my yarns to match. I cut them all the same length initially....

Then I looped them onto the bottom making it as full as I wanted and trimmed the bottoms.

NOT DONE YET, LOL----I had feathers in my crafts bin....and used the glue gun to the tip of the feather then attached them to the yarns.

And the final touch for mine was a flower head glued to the center of the doiley.

Dream a Little Dream and try doing it the Easy Way!

This is a great project to do with your kids. My daughter and granddaughter made one along with me...this was so fun!

• Sandy

how do you judge what size hoop to buy ?

• Eileen

Um, you could measure the doilie or take it with you to buy the hoop

• Carla Sean Harrold

My daughter made several of these for her wedding and hung them through out the venue as well as making the complete dream catcher without the doilies. It was absolutely beautiful.

• Kathleen

I love this idea since I have several doilies my aunt made several years ago. 💕