DIY DREAMCATCHER- Dream a Little Dream the Easy Way

$2

I was in Barcelona, Spain in December and saw some really cute things there.

Like this Dream catcher which really gives off some BOHO vibes...

diy dreamcatcher dream a little dream the easy way

I've made dream catchers the more traditional way but wanted to try one with the crocheted doily center.

I don't crochet so...I went to the local thrift shop...

It seemed rather like cheating but ....it made this project SO easy and was only $1 at the thrift shop!

I considered dying it but liked it as-is....

And I also picked up this craft hoop at the thrift shop for 50 cents!

And I had this funky yarn string stuff in my craft bin which I used to wrap the ring.

As I wrapped it around the ring I threaded it through the doily to attach it. When I got to the end I dabbed some glue on the end to secure it.

I had these leaves I'd made in ceramics class which I was going to use as wind chimes but I thought this was even better. Obviously not everyone has these but what I'm suggesting is use what you have....beads or old jewelry pieces are great if you have them!

I tied my leaves on then chose my yarns to match. I cut them all the same length initially....

Then I looped them onto the bottom making it as full as I wanted and trimmed the bottoms.

NOT DONE YET, LOL----I had feathers in my crafts bin....and used the glue gun to the tip of the feather then attached them to the yarns.

And the final touch for mine was a flower head glued to the center of the doiley.

Dream a Little Dream and try doing it the Easy Way!

This is a great project to do with your kids. My daughter and granddaughter made one along with me...this was so fun!

• Sandy
    15 hours ago

how do you judge what size hoop to buy ?

• Laurie Ewing
      31 minutes ago

I love this idea! I've always wanted to make my own dream catcher,but was intimidated... Thank you!!!