Sassy Townhouse Living
Sassy Townhouse Living
  • East Stroudsburg, PA

Clean Oven Vents In Minutes With This Easy Kitchen Hack!

$10

When I saw how easy it was to do this – my mind was blown! Now, you can clean oven vents in minutes with this easy kitchen hack! When was the last time you checked just how nasty your oven vents were? I know, who wants to be bothered cleaning another thing in our homes, right? Well, you will be as shocked as I was when you just how easy it is to have clean oven vents now, and it only takes minutes!

clean oven vents in minutes with this easy kitchen hack

So, let me get right to it and tell you exactly what you need to do to have clean oven vents once again! All you need is two ingredients and the best part is I’m sure you already have them in your kitchen so no running out to the store!

What you need for clean oven vents:

1. Water – enough to fill the pot halfway
  2. 1 cup baking soda – be sure to use a cheap one it works just as good! 
  3. large soup pot – make sure your vents will fit neatly into it
  4. Kitchen Scissor Tongs

That’s it! Yep, and you will be shocked when you see just how quickly and easily it is to do. 

Start by filling up your large soup pot with water, Fill it halfway. 

We’ve all seen the endless amount of easy kitchen hacks on Pinterest and to be honest, so many of them just don’t work as promised. Well, the good news is, this one does! My oven vents were beyond gnarly and gross. I’ve tried cleaning them many times before by scrubbing and even put them in the dishwasher all to no avail. 

Just look at how nasty they were. We cook a lot, and the amount of grease trapped in these oven vents is crazy! Gross! Not only is the mess dirty and greasy, but the metal rims are too. The before and after image speaks for itself. What an amazing difference. They are literally brand new again!

Next, when the water comes to a boil, add about 1 cup of baking soda. Stir the baking soda and water mixture for a few seconds, turn the heat off, and grab a pair of Kitchen Scissor Tongs and place the oven vents into the mixture.

Leave it for about a minute until you start to see all the grime disappearing! It happens fast so you can move on with the rest of your cleaning chores around the house – or sit back and enjoy a nice glass of wine and relax – you choose :) You can immediately begin to see just how fast it starts to clean your oven vents. 

NOTE: I decided to turn off the flame and just let them sit in the mixture because the water will create a foamy film and begin to rise to the top. You don’t want it to boil over so be careful.

Look at how crazy clean they are now! Even the grease on the metal rims are sparkling clean! 

Once you see the clean oven vents, you can bring the entire pot over to sink and safely dump the water. Be sure to use your tongs to remove the vents and rinse them with cool water for a minute. 

Now, I have clean oven vents and can easily clean every time they get grimy without even breaking a sweat! 

I held one up to the light so you can see just how sparkling my oven vents are now!

This kitchen hack saves you money too. Now, you don't have to replace your oven kitchen vents!

Now that my vents are perfectly clean, it’s time to clean the rest of the oven vent too – ugh!

Please stop by my blog for more crafting projects, hacks, and DIY!

I know you will find some inspiration for your projects too. The link to this post can be found below. I'd love to see you there - please be sure to stop over and say hi!

Please click here to subscribe to my newsletter for emails featuring giveaways, updates, and much more!

Sassy Townhouse Living

• Mary B. Flores

I have done the same thing with ammonia and hot water! But it does smell but works great! ammonia cuts grease on your oven vent too!

• Olive harte

I NEED TO STEP MY VENTS IN THE OVERHEAD ELECTRIC EXTRACTOR IT WILL NOT FIT INTO A POT CAN I PUT MIXTURE INTO THE SINK AND PLACE METAL INTO THE SINK FOT HOW LONG? THANK U alva35@eircom.net

• Sassy Townhouse Living

HI Olive, yes, you can do the same process in a sink area for sure. The same process applies. It literally take about one minute for the mixture to clean the vents. Just make sure you use more baking soda if you are using more water. Hope that helps.

• Susan

Isnt it the "stove" or "overhead" vent? I also have a vent on the stove for the grill. Will try. Seems baking soda or hydrogen peroxide cleans everything.

• Pat

I have no question but this WORKS! I am a doubting Thomas but I simply could not believe this! It is AWESOME!

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Yep, I am too but trust me, this works like magic and only take a few short minutes from start to finish. I am thrilled to have discovered it and share it with you all!

• Toni Jackson Webster

Omg thank you it really wks

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Yes, Toni! It's so easy to do and they turn out brand new again! I love this cleaning hack and am thrilled you do too!