Clean Oven Vents In Minutes With This Easy Kitchen Hack!

$10

When I saw how easy it was to do this – my mind was blown! Now, you can clean oven vents in minutes with this easy kitchen hack! When was the last time you checked just how nasty your oven vents were?

I know, who wants to be bothered cleaning another thing in our homes, right? Well, you will be as shocked as I was when you just how easy it is to have clean oven vents now, and it only takes minutes!

While you are here, be sure to check out my other Household Hacks here too!

So, let me get right to it and tell you exactly what you need to do to have clean oven vents once again! All you need is two ingredients and the best part is I’m sure you already have them in your kitchen so no running out to the store!

What you need for clean oven vents:

1. Water – enough to fill the pot halfway
  2. 1 cup baking soda – be sure to use a cheap one it works just as good! 
  3. large soup pot – make sure your vents will fit neatly into it
  4. Kitchen Scissor Tongs

That’s it! Yep, and you will be shocked when you see just how quickly and easily it is to do. 

Start by filling up your large soup pot with water, Fill it halfway. 

We’ve all seen the endless amount of easy kitchen hacks on Pinterest and to be honest, so many of them just don’t work as promised. Well, the good news is, this one does! My oven vents were beyond gnarly and gross. I’ve tried cleaning them many times before by scrubbing and even put them in the dishwasher all to no avail. 

Just look at how nasty they were. We cook a lot, and the amount of grease trapped in these oven vents is crazy! Gross! Not only is the mess dirty and greasy, but the metal rims are too. The before and after image speaks for itself. What an amazing difference. They are literally brand new again!

Next, when the water comes to a boil, add about 1 cup of baking soda. Stir the baking soda and water mixture for a few seconds, turn the heat off, and grab a pair of Kitchen Scissor Tongs and place the oven vents into the mixture.

Leave it for about a minute until you start to see all the grime disappearing! It happens fast so you can move on with the rest of your cleaning chores around the house – or sit back and enjoy a nice glass of wine and relax – you choose :) You can immediately begin to see just how fast it starts to clean your oven vents. 

NOTE: I decided to turn off the flame and just let them sit in the mixture because the water will create a foamy film and begin to rise to the top. You don’t want it to boil over so be careful.

Look at how crazy clean they are now! Even the grease on the metal rims are sparkling clean! 

Once you see the clean oven vents, you can bring the entire pot over to sink and safely dump the water. Be sure to use your tongs to remove the vents and rinse them with cool water for a minute. 

Now, I have clean oven vents and can easily clean every time they get grimy without even breaking a sweat! 

I held one up to the light so you can see just how sparkling my oven vents are now!

This kitchen hack saves you money too. Now, you don't have to replace your oven kitchen vents!

Now that my vents are perfectly clean, it’s time to clean the rest of the oven vent too – ugh!

Please stop by my blog for more crafting projects, hacks, and DIY!

I know you will find some inspiration for your projects too. The link to this post can be found below. I'd love to see you there - please be sure to stop over and say hi!

Please click here to subscribe to my newsletter for emails featuring giveaways, updates, and much more!

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Herby

Where are those vents located in a gas stove?

• Herby

Are you speaking about hood’s vents? Or stove vents?

• Lisa

I will try this,how about the stove grill,they said soap pads and scrub.

• Tammy Roads

Spray peroxide on those grills then heavily sprinkle baking soda on it. Cover with a paper towel or cleaning cloth and spray towel until soaking wet.

Let set over night (at least 4 hours)

Depending on the about of grime, you will either wipe off work a rag, or scrub with a scrubber. Repeat as necessary.

• Debbie Goff

Well I’m going to try this! But I thought you put Vinegar in the next two!?!? And what’s good to clean the stove pans?? You know the pans under the burner!!

• Gabrielle Falk

I will certainly try. The really difficult part in cleaning the exhaust system, is when you remove the vents, it is extremely difficult to actually get up into the internal section - where the 'motor' is. Poor designing, because you can only wipe the grease away. So what I did, I bought a brush that u would use to clean a baby's bottle, spray a de-greaser on it (sugar soap is pretty good) - and then lean up to try and clean the internal section. It works fairly well, but you still need to wipe away the grease. Sometimes it will drip down, so I put some newspaper on top of the stove, let the residual grease drip down - and then throw out the newspaper. Still need to wipe up the residual grease, tho.

• Sassy Townhouse Living

that sounds a good idea to solve a difficult problem!