Sabrina's Organizing
Sabrina's Organizing
  • Collegeville, PA

How To Make A Necklace Organizer Picture Frame

$20

This post is particularly for necklaces and hook earrings. But you can also use hooks to hold bracelets. It’s a true focal point of any room or walk-in closet. Read on to see how I made it.

how to make a necklace organizer picture frame

If you want to sand the wood, feel free. My frame was new and I purchased it from Michael’s so I didn’t feel it needed to be sanded. I got to work painting it with Magnolia Antique Rose Chalk paint. With a paintbrush, I painted the front of the picture frame, let it dry for an hour or so, and added a second coat. I then, waited a day and added Magnolia Clear Wax to coat the paint. Beeswax or any wax will do.

I then cut the wire cloth for crafts projects (square style) 1 inch bigger so that it would overlap the wire cloth with the wood frame. This helped keep the the wire cloth intact after I stapled the wire cloth. I stapled every 2 inches all the way around the back of the frame to keep the wire cloth tight.

Add the adhesive felt pad to the corners. this raises the picture frames from the wall which will help give enough room for the hooks to be removed easily. It will also help to attach the hook earrings as well.

Add a hook to the center top of the back. I particularly like these hooks because they are very durable and has screws with it.

Add with a hot glue gun  the fabric flower and the 4 gems. Feel free to add more gems if you want. I felt that the flower was too pretty to take away its attention using a lot of gems around the frame.

With the S hooks, using pliers, pinch one side of the S hook. This will help keep them on the chicken wire.

Here’s the finished project. What do you think? I hung it in my daughter’s room so she could place her jewelry on it. It’s great for your favorite college student when they are away from home. What a pretty thing to give to your daughter or mother! Do you agree?

• Wooden paintable frame 8 x 10 opening  (Fabric flower)
  • 9 x 11 square wire cloth  (4 gems)
  • Hook for hanging the picture frame  (4 Felt pad 2 inches wide)

Sabrina's Organizing

• Dfm

Ummm....that’s hardware cloth, not chicken wire.chicken wire has much larger holes.

• Sabrina's Organizing

Thanks for letting me know. I changed the name to "wire cloth". After researching it online, it says it's called "wire cloth".

• Dfm

Each region has a slightly different names for it, some of it depends on who manufactured it.