Learn How to Do a Lampshade Restyle Using Old Batik Fabric Decoupage!

$5

I used some lovely Batik fabric that I wanted to put to a good use as so love the patterns and texture On it. A large faded and worn lampshade which I was ready to bin however thought maybe I could resurrect it with a new fabric makeover!

Old lampshade

I started by cutting the fabric I to strips of equal length and width using sharp scissors and a template piece of fabric the size I wanted to cut around.

Cutting up strips of batik fabric

I continue till I have enough pieces to cover the shade and begin working the design.

Planning design

I soak shade with Mod Podge and also cover over the top of fabric too.

Use Mod Podge adhesive to stick and seal

I Continue around the shade until all covered in fabric making sure to seal over the rim to the inside and then trim the edges neatly too.

Mod Podge the fabric to the shade

Leave to dry and then add a lightbulb and put base to create a whole new Gorgeous light!

Fabulous Batik Lampshade restyle decoupage

This is the finished after photo, I just love how it came out! See how the light shines through? I hope you like it as well!

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Pamela Coutee Coleman

It’s beautiful. What was put in the middle of shade? The original looked like it had some sort of cord around it. How did that get illuminated?

• Stephanie

If it had a cord it probably fell off due to age and wear and tear. Old dry glue might have gotten crusty and brittle. The light comes through because in that spot in the middle there is only thin material whereas on the top and bottom there are more layers so less light gets through

• Paula

I think it is beautiful! I would try this only I don't have too many batik scraps. Other fabric scraps, yes...batik...no. Nevertheless, you did a gorgeous job!

• Susan Goode

Thanks so much and it’s just what I had that fitted my theme but of course you could try any fabric. I’m thinking to do a meadow flowers next time!!

• Paula

I love this idea it looks great. Thank you