A Restored deck with Restore Deck Armour

Finally finished the first coat of Restore Deck Armour on our deck that was built in 1983. Over the years it has had a few cleanings and some stain, but has mostly been neglected. I did not pressure wash, but used Olympic deck cleaner and a good scrub brush. I also replaced 12 ea. Kiln Dried PT 2 X 6 boards.....(which I bought at Lummus Supply at the same price, without the special order freight charges from the 2 big boxes in town).
All in all I'm happy with the results of the first coat, and will add the 2nd coat in about 2 months (at 800 SF, I need a break). More important, my wife was happy with the results.
Here are a few before and after photos', and a few comments based on my experience:
It may have been the age and condition of the deck, but I had to add 20% to their stated coverage rate of 2 gallons per 100 SF.
The honeycomb roller does leave a nice texture finish....but it's not as easy as their video show....and a fully loaded roller does cover only the 5 -7 SF as stated. So have patients and allow plenty of time......it's not like rolling out paint or stain.
The matching Solid Stain offers great coverage, but it is expensive.
And most of all, what they don't tell you is that this finish absorbs heat and it is hot as hell in direct sun light on bare feet....as my wife discovered.
So if you try it, have fun....I'm sure you will like the results
Gary
Before
Before
After
After
After
After
A closeup view of one coat on aged PT lunber

• Sue

I would stay away from Restore. hard to roll, bubbled and peeled over the winter and it is near impossible to get off. a lot of expense and a lot of frustration.

• RICouple

This is the worst product that I have ever bought and used. It did not last one season before it started to crack and peel off. Now I have to have a pro come and remove it. I'm looking into joining a class action law suite over this.