Create A Storage Shelf With Wood Crates

$30

I needed something to put our games, puzzles, and DVD's on but my space was limited. I found a space that might work, measured it, and found that some basic wood crates would be just what I needed to create shelves for storage.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

We have a small place in the mountains. When we're there we focus on slowing down and spending quality time together. We get out games and puzzles to do together, especially when it's cold and snowy outside.

At the end of the day we watch a movie together. Our space is limited, as it's a small place so we needed a way to store our games, puzzles, and movies so they wouldn't be in the way.

I found this little space next to our couch and end table that would be perfect, but the trick was to figure out what how to make custom shelving to fit the space I had.

I measured the length and wrote it down.

I next measured the depth before it crossed paths with our window and blinds. I wasn't as worried about height as I had a long way up to utilize.

I found these crates at Walmart and they were exactly the dimensions I needed! They were also super affordable ... added bonus! It would also keep the natural wood look as we have a lot of natural wood as part of the walls and decor.

I bought 3 of them and stacked them - perfect fit! I wasn't worried about them tipping so I literally stacked them together. If you wanted you could use wood glue, other adhesive, and/or small screws to make them more permanent.

I then filled them with our games, puzzles, and movies and it has worked great. They're organized and out of the way, but easily accessible.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Mark B.

Why didn't you mention the one, on rollers, under the end table? It's a great idea too!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I'll be sharing that tutorial on a separate post - thank you, and I'm glad you like that one as well :)