What kind of changes or updates are possible with this backsplash?

+13

We just bought a new home but I do not care for the stone backsplash. Any ideas?

q what kind of changes or updates are possible with this backsplash

Ugly!

• Painting it would be an easy option.

• Sheryl A Hunt Sheryl A Hunt on Feb 21, 2019

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I just wasn't sure if I could paint the tile, and now I know.

• Rebecca Taylor Rebecca Taylor on Feb 21, 2019

Hi Sheryl, painting and stenceling could work and they make tile decals that could also give you a change.

• Cindy Cindy on Feb 21, 2019

It's beautiful as is in my opinion. It may "grow on you" if you wait six months.

• Ann Ann on Feb 21, 2019

You can buy stick on tile pieces that are pictures or designs. I have one in my master bath and everyone thinks it is real tile. I have had for years and it is beautiful. It is an Italian fruit basket.

• Barbara Barbara on Feb 21, 2019

Sheryl, you have a lot of choices at this website, if you want to stay with tile.

• Scrapbookingmamaw Scrapbookingmamaw on Feb 21, 2019

Painting it would be a good option, or using the fake tile makeover....but I really like it the way it is, but of course, that's a personal opinion on my part.

• Just 'T' Just 'T' on Feb 21, 2019

Aesthetically, I think it's already nice. The only issue I have is that with natural stone, oil and condensation leave their mark, even with the fan running. I would seal the naturally porous and pitted stone, for sure.

Tile stickers, before sealing, would be great. Stenciling the stone would be beautiful, too. Or, if you have the time and money, tear it all out and use a tile set from one of those websites.

My opinion is to stencil - leaves, branches, etc. with darker shades of tan, brown, red, orange -- and a scrubable, durable seal, of course!

Photo/video what you decided to do - and show us! Good luck, and enjoy the process.

• Dee Dee on Feb 21, 2019

I would clean and seal the stone with Stone Color enhancer. I would change the grout color with Grout Refresh.

• Noting Grace Noting Grace on Feb 25, 2019

I have the same tile and want to change it! We are planning on limewashing it to downtone the travertine. A company to check out would be Romabio - they have awesome colors