Vintage Bicycle Garden Art

I have been dreaming of a vintage bicycle with a flower basket, ever since I saw that very first one years ago.
gardening art bicycle planter repurpose vintage, container gardening, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I am a huge fan of whoever that first person was to use a bicycle for yard art? Finally . . . . . . . .
I found that special one! A junk yard full of everything junky that a person like me loves on Highway 44 in Sarcoxie, Missouri. I spent more on gasoline than I spent on the bike in finding this beauty. (Sarcasm)
My husband straighten out the handle bars, took off the basket that we did try to salvage, but was just to twisted and took off the tires. Yes, I know what the meaning is for a white bike, but I love white. So several cans of white spray enamel paint for outdoors later . . . . . . .
She was done and placed in the rose garden. I love her! I had a sign made with my website information and also put in a solar light near the sign to illuminate the sign and bicycle at night.
Look at this unusual cogwheel. Stars, quite unique.
A basket that can be changed out seasonally was filled with vinca, sweet potato vine and cypress vine. I have boards on Pinterest and Hometalk of the type of bicycles I admire, I would love for you to check out!
Minnie's Milestones by Jonni

• Jane White

What is the meaning of a white bicycle? Love this!

• Jane White

How sad! I saw a site the white bicycles in a European city were for anyone to use if they needed the transportation. Thanks!

• Heather Weiss

Love this! Did you secure the bike somehow so it can withstand weather?

• Lesley Brough

I just put an old bike, that was behind our shed for about 20 years, beside my garage door and am growing sweet peas up it. A great talking point for visitors. I did give it a quick wipe over before using and it looks as if it is ready to drive away, except for the flowers growing in and out of the frame.

• Rit17584277

Beautiful I love it!