Bedroom Wall Color Suggestions

+73
Looking for suggestions on this bedroom wall color. The headboard is an off white, and the comforter is navy blue. We have added off white accent pillows, and some metallic pillows to give it a little more pizazz. We are going for a glamour chic look.
q bedroom wall color suggestions, bedroom ideas, paint colors, painting
  • 243107 243107 on Jul 30, 2014
    http://home-design-information.com/grey-wall-color-ideas.html/grey-wall-color-ideas I think a grey/blue would look lovely.
  • The Blue Eyed Dove The Blue Eyed Dove on Jul 30, 2014
    We were thinking grey too!
  • Susan G Susan G on Jul 30, 2014
    Paint the wall behind the bed a deep blue (the comforter color ) stripe ! I would vary the width of the stripes making some as thin as a pin stripe & others about 3 inches wide and others somewhere in between ! It would be beautiful ! Add royal blue sheers that gently puddle on the floor and the same shade in pretty bottles and jars around the room. You can tint your own glass any color you want with a little Modge Podge & food coloring.
  • Hannah V Hannah V on Jul 30, 2014
    A mint or lavender could add a nice light pop of color without being overwhelming! :) Stripes could be really beautiful too like this: http://www.hometalk.com/2848506/creating-wide-horizontal-stripes-on-your-walls
  • Helen Helen on Jul 30, 2014
    deep burgundy accent wall.
  • Bev Bev on Jul 30, 2014
    Gray!
  • Carole Carole on Jul 30, 2014
    I am thinking if you are going to be a bear - be a grizzly! Go stripes! Real glamour. Broad, vertical stripes to match or compliment your quilt cover. I would do the room in the navy blue to stick with your bed linen scheme. Sometimes one colour can look very glamorous and rich if it is done right. Makes a strong statement.
  • Dawn Dawn on Jul 31, 2014
    I would say gray and you need some print on those light colored pillows. You could redo some in a burlap print. If you can find a large floral. You have too much solid. Looks like a hospital. You could even cover canvas boards with printed burlap to hang over the headboard. I could see three large or five smaller. OH! Do you have children? How about black n white photos on canvas. Would look nice on the gray wall. My gears are going. You can make black n white photo pillows. OK, I am stopping now.
  • Gloria E Gloria E on Jul 31, 2014
    I would start by adding crown moulding and add another small piece of trim to beef up the baseboards.
  • Sherry S Sherry S on Jul 31, 2014
    A grey tone would be so chic looking with all the great components you have. If grey is not your thing you could try a soft taupe or camel. Any of these would give you a great base to compliment your lovely navy theme. Make it something you'd LOVE to wake up to every morning! (love the crown molding idea that Gloria mentioned - if not now maybe later when the budget is in agreement )
  • Sandra Sandra on Jul 31, 2014
    Depending on the colors in the rest of your house, I would think a lovely, warm coral tone would warm the space. Perhaps just the wall behind the bed to make that white headboard pop. If you do use gray, which would work but be less bold, be sure it is a warm gray. Too cold or blue a gray will chill the room and actually be rather bland. The gray needs to be lively. For contrast acid green would work or nearly any green but mint. Have fun!
  • 169756 169756 on Jul 31, 2014
    Something dark and rich. I love gray. We have gray in our kitchen, but something a little warmer would be my pic for a bedroom. Plus I would only do one accent wall. Good luck.
  • Tris Smith Tris Smith on Jul 31, 2014
    I would paint the ceiling a silvery grey and the walls a medium grey. Maybe painting wide stripes using the same colors. I agree on crown molding. Unless you are replacing the carpet, I would add a area rug that has multiple colors including the navy. Add accents, throws and accessories in one of the colors in the rug. Example, teal or yellow or burgundy, baby blue. Golden rod, navy and grey with white look excellent and rich together.
  • Janis Hill Janis Hill on Jul 31, 2014
    I vote for the navy and white stripes then add a one small bright yellow pillow to the bed.
  • Barbara Barbara on Jul 31, 2014
    I suggest a soft yellow color. The second option would be grey with yellow print accent pillows.
  • Mcgypsy9 Mcgypsy9 on Jul 31, 2014
    You need to look online at "Genevieve Gorder". She is a decorator that is just fabulous! Check out her designs she will show you lots of ways to handle this. Oh and I hate to say it but someone before said your pillows are bland and yes they are they barely stand out on the bed. It needs much more pizzazz!
  • Molly F Molly F on Jul 31, 2014
    I would like to see you warm up the room - right now it is too cool looking. I like the idea of an accent color on the wall behind the bed, Turquois, yellows, oranges, purples are great accents for pillows, pictures and a throw - know it will turn out nice if it pleases you.
  • MikkiGirl MikkiGirl on Jul 31, 2014
    I was going to suggest navy and off-white (Navajo white) stripes - wide horizontal but see it's already been suggested. So here's another vote for stripes! :-)
  • Ciara M. Ciara M. on Jul 31, 2014
    We went with a similar design for our bedroom and these were the colors we chose. The darkest is the accent wall, the light grey is the color we painted the furniture, and the whitest color is the 3 other walls. We are really happy with the end result. We are still looking for lighting and a headboard though, so I dont have a final picture of the room to share yet.
  • Carol B Carol B on Jul 31, 2014
    A navy and silver chevron pattern could be chic too. Here are some good ideas. http://confettistyle.com/2014/07/29/accent-walls-then-and-now/
  • Sherry. JUNKIN Sherry. JUNKIN on Jul 31, 2014
    Nothing worse than boring white walls--no imagination
  • Jessica Jessica on Jul 31, 2014
    I see a patterned accent wall--maybe chevron or arabesque--in tangerine
  • Klm381784 Klm381784 on Jul 31, 2014
    I WOULD PUT A BEAUTIFUL TEAL COLOR ON THE WALL TO MAKE THE HEADBOARD POP AND BRING WARMTH AND BRILLANCE IN THAT ROOM
    • Joffler Joffler on Jul 31, 2014
      @ I agree the headboard should pop. It's lines and texture are dramatic enough that it should be the main focus but it's drowning in pillows. If they stay, color selection and any advantage therein is negligible, in my opinion.
  • Bpc362035 Bpc362035 on Jul 31, 2014
    I think a beautiful silvery grey would be very clean and attractive ...but the entire look might be a little masculine.
  • Lyla Lyla on Jul 31, 2014
    A soft gold ceiling... perhaps an uplighter in one corner of the bedroom too. And for the wall behind the headboard - wallpaper with exotic birds and foliage... A Persian carpet sort of pattern. And for the other walls, pick out some colour from the wallpaper.
  • Bibi Sweet67 Bibi Sweet67 on Jul 31, 2014
    I like the grey too but I think a nice light/pale blue would look glamour chic.
  • Kimberlee Kimberlee on Jul 31, 2014
    a middle grey..not to dark and not to light...it would go so good with the blue bedspread and the off white headboard...might get a medium grey quilt to put on the foot of the bed to bring in the grey and add a medium grey pillow or two...
  • Joffler Joffler on Jul 31, 2014
    Are you sure the navy blue comforter should stay? It's not very "glamour chic" (navy is primarily a conservative color) and combats the light and airy feel of the room. I kinda think if the navy blue comforter, all those dark pillows (let the headboard breathe, please) and the gold frame were out of sight, you're room would be much further along the glamour chic look already and you'd need very little else to make it so. You're headboard is dramatic and glamorous and should be given prominence, not hidden behind pillows. Just my opinion. No offense intended.
    • Sherry Wade Sherry Wade on Jul 31, 2014
      I'm with you about whether the comforter should stay. Navy says nautical to me. First look, all I noticed was the darkness of the comforter.
  • Angela Wheeler Angela Wheeler on Jul 31, 2014
    Blue light or dark and maybe light yellow but fuchsia would look great!
  • The Blue Eyed Dove The Blue Eyed Dove on Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! There are some great thoughts and insights about the wall color.
  • Kathy Ragan Kathy Ragan on Jul 31, 2014
    I was thinking about Aqua to lighten up the black and white or maybe aqua and gray (light) stripes. just a thought.... Have fun. I'm sure you'll pick something beautiful.
    • Jan Goodin Jan Goodin on Jul 31, 2014
      @Kathy Ragan I like the Aqua plain color, add some tulle tie backs over the head board.
  • If you go to Sherwin Williams website you can upload the picture and try out different colors of paint... before you get started. :-) Great tool...
  • Pam Bolton Pam Bolton on Jul 31, 2014
    BM Revere Pewter or SW Seasalt are elegant colors to try on your wall. About your comforter, I like it but I would tuck the end in and fold the sides hospital style for a more tailored look and to show off your white bed frame. You might consider layering a coordinating rug under the bed. Also add a third color to the room as an accent.
  • Ros Ros on Jul 31, 2014
    The navy comforter really doesn't do anything for the room. think a white cover would be lovely with light bluey grey wall color , white trim and some gold accents. I see you have silver lamps, but I think you could use some gold accents despite the lamps. Could be goldish curtains or chairseat/back (white wood chair) or some accessories. Even a gold band around the lamp shades. I think gold would be warmer than silver. Enjoy your decorating.
  • Melinda Columbus Melinda Columbus on Jul 31, 2014
    It's new too me so I like it as is!!! U need to add crown moulding with the decor u have!!!! Beautiful
  • Christy Christy on Jul 31, 2014
    I love the look you have and think you have chosen elegant pieces. If I had the time (and $$ of course) I'd do a WOW treatment on that wall with damask wallpaper or (if you have the time) stencils like this. JMHO! :)
  • Christy Christy on Jul 31, 2014
    Well, sorry, the picture wouldn't paste, dang it. Google Damask Wallpaper bedroom ideas. But then, I love damask - you might not.
  • Christy Christy on Jul 31, 2014
    trying again
  • Judy Judy on Jul 31, 2014
    It depends a lot on whether the bedspread is navy or black. If it's black then a dove gray would work if you're going for a stark look or add color with a bold wall in maroon or teal. If it's navy then I'd go with a pale sea green & bedside rugs to match.
  • Liliana Wells Liliana Wells on Jul 31, 2014
    How about some pictures? Or enlarged photographs?
  • Linda B Linda B on Jul 31, 2014
    I would put some color on your wall behind the bed. The same blue as the spread. You can put decorative hooks or medallions about 2- 1/2 feet on the wall above both sides of the headboard. Also put a matching medallion in the center about 1-1/2 ft from the ceiling. It will be like an upside down 'V' shape. Then drape a wall/window thin, but long SILK, OR POLYESTER (nothing heavy or thick) scarf over them, of the same color as the spread, or even the same color but maybe a deeper or lighter shade of that color, just so it blends well. Let the ends of the scarf hang down behind the sides, of the ends of the sides of the headboard. I have this above our king size bed and it's gorgeous and I get compliments all the time. Very classy! But, I have a large metal wall vase hanging on the wall in the center of that "V" and I have a silk flower arrangement in the vase. The metal vase is a green. I have 2 different spreads to change with the seasons. One is green and one is deep purple. So, my silk flowers are different shades of purples and greens so the arrangements matche both spreads. Then, any picture frames or wall hangings should have the same blues in them. It would all be beautiful with your dark blue spread. Scarves can be $15 and up. If you have a long scarf and let it hang down to or behind the bed, it looks better than if you use a short scarf and then you can see the white wall between the bed and the scarf. That would cheapen the look. You want the color to go right up to or behind the white headboard. Some pretty navy throw rugs would be very pretty on the sides and at the end of the bed. With the white, you can use more color to make it warm and homey, yet classy and elegant! I would put something small and blue on your other bedside table too. Don't forget, it's best to use 3 colors, not only 2. An uneven number of colors is what you want. You could use green, purple, or gold.
  • Gwen Gwen on Jul 31, 2014
    I am a color person but I think your paint goes so well with everything. It was the first thing I thought,"Wow! Their paint really goes with their furnishings!" But what is lacking? Accessories. Look at pottery barn catalogs for example. What is over the bed? Or beside the nightstand? I've seen them or others hang a piece of art or a personal photo ( since you like symmetry, do it on both sides) in the blank area next to bed and lamps. What about a throw? Do you like it to be like your lamps? Shimmer? Throws had threads of metallic closer to fall time as Christmas was promoted but that would not look holiday in your space. You have not shown other furniture so it is hard to feel the room. In my opinion, it appears artwork, a few books or an object of interest added to the bed stands ( brass? Box of capsize shell? West Elm has many small boxes of glass, copper, she'll, etc) you have wonderful taste. When you decide what you want over your bed--type it in search on Houzz--you will get ideas. Check staged catalogs and magazines. Then you won't feel so dissatisfied with your walls!
  • Elizabeth Poteat Elizabeth Poteat on Jul 31, 2014
    I think maybe not repainting the walls but add some colorful framed pictures that pick up the colors in both the headboard and bedspread. I think accessories can do the trick for you.