How to Build Industrial Shelves

$65

If you like this project make sure you sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss a post!

Rustic and Industrial looking shelves are very popular, especially in Modern Farmhouse Decor. Today I am going to show you how I created Industrial shelves for my Modern Farmhouse Coffee Bar.

I actually did this project for the $100 Room Challenge. The idea is to redo a room for $100 in one month. It's tough, you have to be very creative. That's why for this challenge I decided to use inexpensive pipes and wood to create the look I wanted.

First thing I did was get 1X12's from Home Depot, 12 inch pipes and flanges.

I stained the wood Special Walnut from Minwax after sanding the wood smooth. I stained both sides of the wood.

My next step was to put polyurethane on the pipes, this seals them so they won't rust. Make sure you don't get it on the threaded area.

I should have poly'd the flanges too because they got water on them and are now rusting. So make sure you put poly on them as well.

Once the poly is dry you are going to screw the flanges into the wood and the pipes into the flanges.

Here you can see mine all put together.

Mine was a little short but to add another shelf it would be too tall, so I decided to add some casters on the bottom. This gave me the height I needed and the ability to move the shelves around, which is pretty cool.

This was the biggest part of my project, and it took most of my budget. You can check out the full reveal here for my Farmhouse Coffee Bar.

Remember you can use any color stain you want, you can vary the height of the pipes and you can have as many shelves as you want! This project is very customizable. I hope I have inspired you to create your own industrial shelves.

At Lane and High

• EasyAs123

Great looking but what about adding the feet wheels (name?) to the materials list? Anything else? Cheers.