MCM Sidetable With Peeling Old Stain Got a Big Pop With Colour

$50

My daughter needed some new night tables and she loves bold colours. I decided to make over hese old side tables for her. I had a lot of fun making them over the way she asked for ❤️

Found two just the right size for her room

These 2 night stands I found were the right size and solid wood, the stain was worn and peeling but that’s ok! I took them home and scrubbed them with vinegar, water and a touch of liquid soap.

mcm sidetable with peeling old stain got a big pop with colour

I painted the outside and trim in a French linen from Annie Sloan. The inside of the shelves are done in old white also Annie Sloan chalk paint and they both needed two coats, followed by two coats of Annie Sloan’s clear wax.

The drawers are where the beautiful colour pop occurs. Check out the bold Provence by Annie Sloan, two coats and two coats of clear wax. Copper Gilding wax I added to the details I played with until I got good coverage.

Here is one all done in its new home, doesn't it look fantastic! I love it, and hope you do as well.