DIY Fun Ideas
DIY Fun Ideas
  • New Port Richey, FL

No-Sew Drop Cloth Rosette Headboard Slipcover - Easy Bedroom Update

I had an old bunk bed that wasn't getting any use. So I decided it was time for an update. I started by removing the upper bunk of the bed to convert it to a comfy guest bed. But I wasn't crazy about the way the bunk bed's metal frame looked. And I couldn't remove and replace the headboard and footboard because they were part of the frame. And it wasn't something I could reupholster either. So I got
diy headboard slip cover rosette bunk bed redo, bedroom ideas, home decor, reupholster
Unfortunately, I don't sew (sewing machines are scary!). So I found an amazing fabric adhesive instead that is both flexible and washable and I used it to make these gorgeous head board and foot board slip covers with pretty fabric rosettes.
Here's what the bunk bed looked like before I started.
This is the initial bed transformation.
And the final product with the slip covers.
I love the pretty rosettes!
Follow the link below for the full tutorial!
DIY Fun Ideas

• Misty

Does this have to be dry cleaned? Throwing it in the wash would mush up the rosettes wouldn't it???

• Think2inkme

this came out so beautiful , I know what you mean about sewing machines being scary . i once stuck my finger under a child sewing machine as a child and next thing i know i was walking up to mom with the needle through my finger , never again .

• Joanie

Nothing worse than making Bunk beds......I used to HATE makin' them things!! GRRRRRRRR. I love your single twin and it is gorgeous and I bet easy to make.