Ski Shelf

$10

A neighbor gave us these beginner skis to do something with. After seeing an episode of Maine Cabin Masters on DIY, I had my inspiration. If you have a lake place, you might have some old skis stored away and you can do this too!

Beginner skis are typically held together with a small rope at the back and a trainer rope attached on the front to help the skier get up.

Here, I show where I removed the rope. It was getting frayed and could break at any minute. Not something you want to have happen to someone trying out a new sport.

Next, I placed the bottoms of the skis facing each other. I then made sure that the top of both skis were level with each other and screwed them together.

Here is how it looked.

Then, I added shelves on the bottom and in the middle.

Ok, now it needs to be used. On the show Maine Cabin Masters they drilled holes on the sides to hold wine bottles. Loved the idea but decided not to use it that way. They could always be added later.

Side view.

This is the stain I used on the barn wood. I love this stuff. You stain and seal all in one step!

And here it is as a bar. This could be used in any room and has many uses, to display pictures in any room, in the bathroom to hold toiletries, in the bedroom to hold books, on the deck with a little basket holding sun block, sunglasses. So versatile!

It can also be hung on the wall or sit on the floor. So many possibilities!

After a person, and made a suggestion, I added one hole on each side to place bottles into!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season

• Joanie
    Joanie

I love your idea of a bar, but could you of turned the ski's the opposite and then been able to move the boots in a place to hold your utensils or even bottle of wine or etc.??? The boots wouldn't go to waste.

• Jody Harris
      Jody Harris

Hmmm, I like your idea. I think I’ll try that! If it works out I’ll add another photo. Thanks for the idea!

• John
    John

Old wooden stool. Holds my mini sound system and hides the wiring.

• Thea
    Thea

Wow! I love the shape of this and using the clippy-thingies for the bottles.