Tips From a Professional Kitchen Remodeler: Islands for Small Kitchens

Always loved a kitchen island but your kitchen is too small to house one? The best kitchen remodeler ideas include modernising floors, cabinetry, appliances and counter tops. This kind of home renovation will increase a property’s value since buyers are looking for updated kitchens and bathrooms.
small kitchen design islands tips, home improvement, kitchen design, kitchen island
The main thing to remember when planning a kitchen remodel is to understand what results will be okay for a DIY approach and which ones need a professional to finish.
In the early planning stage, ideas need to be considered first before making any final selections. All ideas need to relate to a kitchen’s functionality. One concept is the space between appliances.
A functioning kitchen should have minimal walking distance between each appliance and the sink. This time saving method is the reason why kitchen islands are so popular.

To see more: http://h2designcorp.com/tips-from-a-professional-kitchen-remodeler-on-islands-for-small-kitchens/

• Angie

Anyone know of rules regarding island placement? Have had it this way and parallel with sink. If parallel with sink.. Sitting at island means your back is to those at kitchen table.
    , This is our latest Reno Still figuring out lighting But U get the idea

• Fru-gal Lisa

How about an easy DIY kitchen island for a small galley kitchen? I'm on a very tight budget! Granite countertops are NOT in my future!

• Fru-gal Lisa

I probably don't have 42 inches from the edge of one built in counter to the one across from it. My floor space is nearly nonexistent

• Sharon R

We have a relatively small kitchen but I use every square inch of it, including all the walls and ceiling. The house was built in 1932 and has really narrow counter tops, no dishwasher & a stove that I'm sure came with the house when it was built (that didn't work). We had custom granite counters installed along with a heavy duty stainless steel sick (no "pinging" noise). Removed all the linoleum and installed 18" square tile flooring, and painted everything but the cupboards (they're our next project).
    , New granite counter tops and a place to hang all Grandma s iron pans, When all else fails use the space you ve got, Went to Tap Plastics and purchased this tower It fits perfect on the island and houses my cookbooks, This shelving is actually for closets but we found it perfect for not only storing appliances rarely used above but for hanging all the cooking implements on S hooks that we always use, This used to be a walk thru into our dining room I needed storage space more than a walk thru we can go around thru our kitchen nook so I created barriers useful space
  • See More
Next
Prev