Cynthia Franco
Cynthia Franco
  • Brownsville, TX

Restroom Makeover

$100

My three day weekend project turned out to look refreshing and just what this small room needed. I had so much fun with this project. Decided to redo our master restroom based on colors we are using for the rest of the house

restroom makeover

Started off by cleaning walls and trim from any dirty spots and dust. Once clean tape up trim and window. This might take some time but it is well worth it. It is important to prep before you start the painting process.

restroom makeover

Using the color Ultra Pure White 1050 from Behr premium plus for walls. This is a pint and primer in one. Used roller brush for walls and small paint brush for edges.

restroom makeover

restroom makeover

Used small paint brush for the edges. Let first coat dry for about 4 hours before applying second coat.

restroom makeover

Let first coat dry for about 4 hours and applied second coat.

restroom makeover

After applied second coat left it to dry overnight.

restroom makeover
restroom makeover

Next day applied any retouches needed, this was a little more time consuming, because walls have a textured finish. When done taped up edges to start painting trim. Using Southwest Builders semi-gloss Alkyd Enamel extra white paint for trim.

restroom makeover

Let paint try overnight, next day applied second coat to trim and allowed to dry for 6 hours. Removed all tape from walls and edges. Removed all plastic covers from toilet and floor and cleaned up the restroom. Fell in love with the outcome of the color. This color just brings more light to this small room.

restroom makeover
restroom makeover
restroom makeover

restroom makeover

A new fresh room, ready for some lovely decor! I'll be sharing the decor process in another post! I love it!

restroom makeover
restroom makeover

• Sam

would have been nice to see a pic of the whole area from the door.

but i'm wondering what was the big deal about this update? paint? cute add in's?

were they there before and you just painted? hummmm

• Joann

I just painted my bathroom and what a huge improvement. I had just gotten used to the former tennants’ taste and was absolutely shocked at how a light color and fresh paint made a difference! I have size ten stuff to place in a size three in adequate cabinet. It is the only bath. I think the only way to add more storage is to go up! No place for clean towels, or bandaids to eye drops. I really like how your diy starts at a beginning anyone can “get.” Not all folk have advanced diy skills yet.

• Em

Curious why it took three days to paint and add two shelves?

• Cynthia Franco

Wanted to make sure gave enough time in between for paint to dry , the wall texture required retouching. The trim took longer to dry .

• Anne Gleeson

So this post was that you painted a small bathroom white to brighten the space?

• Sandra Houck

Yes I will have the perfect bathroom for it.

• Barbara Anne

Looks great. I like the shelves; I’m adding another one to my bathroom wall this werkend.