Dollar Store Spice Storage

$30

As someone who tries to maintain an organized and orderly home, finding simple, effective storage solutions always puts a smile on my face. What's more, if I can implement a useful storage idea without breaking the bank, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!

I wanted to put together a quick post about a storage-related DIY I've been using for a couple of years now. It's an inexpensive solution that's super simple to replicate, and is an idea that anyone who loves to cook or bake will appreciate.

dollar store spice storage

Everything from this tutorial can be found at Dollarama and Michaels. And if you happen to not have access to either of those retailers, it shouldn't be too difficult to find similar items at other discount and craft stores.

dollar store spice storage

All I did was use my handy paper punch to create circular labels for the lids of my dollar store canisters.

Tip: I highly recommend using chalkboard vinyl for this, because wiping off and rewriting your labels is much easier than having to make brand new ones every time you change what's being stored.

dollar store spice storage

With a chalk marker, I wrote out a spice for each jar on all of the little circles I had punched out.

dollar store spice storage

Once the marker had dried, I removed the protective backing and stuck a label on each lid.

dollar store spice storage

Finally, I filled my jars with their corresponding spices and arranged them in alphabetical order.

dollar store spice storage

For those who are wondering, the shelf I chose to use is a piece I found at a local craft fair a couple of summers ago.

Done and done! Now, whenever I need to add a specific herb or spice to a meal, I can rely on my simple storage solution to make it easy to find.

Katie Sara Creates

• Zohra

did you thought of doing a video for all this beautiful tips?

• Alma

Were the circular labels precut and purchased that way? I would not trust myself to be that perfect.

• Kalei

Where do you get the jars from what are they called

• Katie Sara Creates

I don't recall the exact name of them, but you can find these jars at most dollar stores. I've seen them at Dollarama and Dollar Tree.

• Phyllis

It looks great and makes it so easy to find the spices you need. Great job.

• Brenda

I love this idea. The jars can be found at dollar tree or everything's a dollar. I have some left from other projects, and may just use them in my sewing room for small objects.

Thanks.