Easy Shutter Makeover - Improving Curb Appeal

$20

Spray painting our shutters provided us a super simple way to give a little facelift to our home. The shutters were brown and made the house look super dated before. A little spray paint later, and they looked brand new.
First, we had to remove the shutters from the house. The bottoms were super easy, but the ones on the second floor required a little bravery while hanging out of the window by my husband.
Valspar is our go to paint, even with spray paint. (Just don't trust the color matcher at Lowe's, more on that on the blog.)
In the end, the difference between the before and after pictures are amazing. Our house looks so much more lively now. It's amazing what a little spray paint can do!
We set the shutters on an old ladder in order to raise them off of the ground. After giving them a few even coats of spray paint, we let them sit to dry, reattached them to the house and were done!
Check out the blog for the full story and additional details; including our lesson learned while using the paint color matcher at Lowe's!

SevenTownWay

• Fho3960399

I see you did this in 2014. How is the paint holding up? Any fading?

• Jjarnett

Use armor all once a year to keep them bright and new looking.

• Sal17672249

Want stain shutters, but in bright sun all day.

• Jjarnett

I had faded dark green shutters. They were decorator hard plastic, from Lowe's. I put "armor all" on them once a year to keep them looking new.. It is a maintenance project , easy. I am not sure about over painted shutters. I didn't want to paint mine, fear of pealing .

• Jjarnett

You can bring hard plastic decorative shutters from Lowe's back to life by putting Armour All on them. Simple maintenance about once a year. . Think of this as a maintenance each year, with no painting. Works and last in fl hot sun.

• Joanie

Thank you Jjarnett....my husband uses Armour All, I'll tell him about the shutters.