Asked on Feb 27, 2019

How do I get my waffle iron to stop sticking?

OlivaLeahLauren of Mom Home Guide
+4

My waffle iron has had a moderate amount of use over the years. It just recently started sticking. Is there any way to correct this? Or is it just time to buy a new one.

• Pamela
    Pamela

Hi ! I had the same problem ! What I did was pour a little oil in small container and used a silicon brush TO spread the oil all over the waffle iron , All the little Flexible silicone bristles get in all the nooks and cranies great !!! I would re apply the oil every other waffle . This work for about 6-8 months and then I broke down and bought a new one .

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide
    Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I’ve found with my old 25-year-old waffle iron that it’s necessary to spray it with cooking oil before using. It’s also necessary to preheat it fully before using.

• Leah
    Leah

Have you tried Pam spray? Try cleaning well with new dawn dish soap or a degreaser and then use Pam spray or store brand. If still sticks, bite the bullet, buy a new one. Grease build up on some surfaces does cause sticking.

• Oliva
    Oliva

Using Crisco solid rather than sprays has been most effective on irons more than 40 years old. Clean well after use with hot cloths and Ultra Dawn liquid dish soap. Use toothpicks as needed for crevices. Store with dry paper towels between the plates.