Summer Fabric Banner

Hi Friends, how are you today? I’m great and found lots of fun things to go along with our Tiki theme for the upcoming party. I am getting excited and checking things off my list.
Today I’m sharing our Summer Fabric Banner I made to use in our backyard all summer and for my hubs 50th birthday party.
I love making banners for parties because they are an easy way to add pops of color in a festive way and you can do it without spending a lot of money.
It looks great with our Tiki Bar and Tiki Bar Sign too. You can see posts on both the Tiki Bar and Sign both here on Hometalk or come on over to the blog too.
I made four long ones because our patio is quite big and has a weird ivy/palm like tree in the center so I am going to hang these diagonally and have them meet in the middle at the tree.
I found these napkins the other day at the Dollar Store and love how they coordinate with the theme.
I had a Duvet in the stripe fabric (that I found at a thrift store for $4.95) that I LOVE and then bought the solid fabric at Walmart and spent $10.00 on it. I chose 5 colors to go with the stripes and bought 3/4 yard each.
I folded my 3/4 yard piece in 1/3′s and then cut triangles out of it. It’s really easy it just takes a little time.
I used the stripe fabric to cut strips to make the banner band too. I used my pinking shears to trim the edges so they don’t fray or unravel later.
Then I pinned the banners to the band so I could make sure I liked the color combo.
I love the way it turned out and can’t wait to reveal the whole backyard so you can see it all come together. Come on over to the blog to see all the things I'm doing in our backyard and for my hubs upcoming 50th birthday party.
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll