My "Unique" DIY Fence

$1000.00

This summer I had one major home improvement goal- to install a fence! Between the dog sneaking out and the kids running too close to the road, I could not wait to get my fence installed. As with most of my home projects, I have big dreams and limited funds. My mother would tell me that "I have champagne taste with a beer wallet". Although this may be true, I'm going to keep on reaching for that champagne :)
I knew that the only way I was going to get the fence I wanted was to design it myself, purchase the lumber and enlist my super-handy brother Anthony, father-in-law Brian, and always willing husband Carmen to do the grunt work. We had roughly $1,000 budget and needed to fence in about 1/4 acre side yard. In addition, my fence HAD to be "unique" and pack a design punch.
For more details, photos and step-by-step instructions please visit my blog post.
backyard ideas wood plank fence, diy, fences, landscape, outdoor living, woodworking projects
The end result...love it!
250+ pieces of rough cut Hemlock get delivered
Auger/Dingo Rental used for digging roughly 30 post holes
Crazy looking posts not yet set...
It's starting to look like something :)
Outside view
Inside view
Hidden gate...

The Unique Nest/Laura Leigh Designs

• Lesley Shurlock

It's a dream of a fence! How do you fancy Building one for me?
  • William Ramos

A great idea! it was a very simple but elegant to see. Thank you for the tips you shared, it is helpful.