All of the raw materials (excluding the metal for the legs) for this project actually came from breaking down and recycling some of my old projects.
Recycling these old projects was nice because it really kept the cost down. The whole project cost me less than $100, and most of that was just for the steel I used to build the legs.
Using a rubber mallet, I got to smashing up my previous work.
I had mixed emotions about this part of the project. I mean, smashing stuff is always a great time. There are very few things I love to do more than breaking things with a big hammer. On the other hand, I was breaking projects I had spent countless hours building. You see why I was so conflicted.
I pushed through my emotional turmoil though. Eventually, I had everything broken down into smaller more manageable pieces. It took more force than I expected to break down these old projects (I guess wood glue really does work), still, they were no match for Thor's hammer (that's what I call my rubbed mallet).