How do I get rid of mice and rats permanently?

+7

I have used cats... MANY cats.... traps, poison, yet more just keep coming!!!! In my 60 yrs I have never had such a horrific problem. The poison of course kills them, but first they must come in my home to get the poison! I'm dieing here ppl, please help me! This is really rough on an old germaphobe!!!!

• Call an exterminator. Tidy up your property so they have no reason to visit you. Plug up all the holes.

• They can get inside from the smallest holes. Be sure to give a really thorough examination of your house, high and low as they climb, and stop up any hole with material they can’t get through. Sounds like your friend didn’t have a very good exterminator. Is there someone with a cat colony in your area?

• Ellis Ellis on Mar 03, 2019

They can get through a hole the size of a dime. You have to stuff the holes with copper mesh or steel wool (copper mesh doesn't rust). Then seal them up. I would get an exterminator, ask for outdoor traps or bait stations, and remove anything else they could possibly consider food or water. Don't leave pet food out, feed the cats/dogs then take away the dish. Also, don't feed birds--rodents love bird food.

Good luck.

• DONNA DONNA on Mar 10, 2019

Try the electronic mice chasers.

• See 1 previous
    • DONNA DONNA on Mar 13, 2019

Yes, they work I got some from QVC they also keep out spiders. We live on a farm and they used to get into my garage when the door was open, but no more!

• Jan Jan on Mar 10, 2019

I had a problem at a rental and the animal-removal specialist used Repels-All. He used it in a fogger but it is also available in spray and pellets. It is inexpensive and available at WalMart and Amazon. A year later, I am still pest-free. Good luck!

• Jody B Nash Jody B Nash on Mar 14, 2019

Believe it or not, mice hate Irish Spring bar soap. Buy a few bars, cut them in half, and place them anywhere you've seen "evidence." Purchase some PVC pipe that has a diameter too small for anyone's pets to enter. Cut the pipe in 1 foot sections. Place block type mouse poison in the center of the pipe. Place these near doors, dryer vents, under porches, and by wood piles. You get the idea. One caveat is that children must be supervised and within sight so they don't touch the pipes or the poison. Hope this helps. I hate meeses to pieces!