How to Create Delightful Garden Decor by Painting Dots on a Flower

$3

I decided to tackle the winters issue of the lack of colour and flowers around my garden and pond until summer really sets in, by making my own colourful flower! Check out this sweet and simple project I made.

sand edges with mouse sander
sand edges with mouse sander

On a piece of leftover from another project plywood base I draw a simple flower shape as a guide then cut out with jigsaw and sand and smooth edges with a mouse sander.

Painting with green acrylic paint
Painting with green acrylic paint

Two coats of Acrylic green paint then I leave it to dry.

Two coats of paint
Two coats of paint

I choose yellow to create a bright outline of the curves.

Yellow outline with paint
Yellow outline with paint

I continue with red, blue and white to create the floral design. I use a dotted effect to bring the piece alive with detail. The acrylic paint pens are so lovely and easy to use. It's a little addictive doing the paint dots!

Painting white dots
Painting white dots

I fill in the gaps and centre with more dots!

Adding more white dots
Adding more white dots

It takes an hour to fully dry then I fix the beautiful dotty flower to the post of my garden pond.

So chuffed with the bright creative result! As It really livens up the garden with a big cheery splash of colour!

How to paint pen a Dotty Garden Flower art

I hope you like it!

Dotty flower on my fence
Dotty flower on my fence

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Goldbeargirl

LOVE it! Fun and happy in your garden!

• Susan Clements Brown

What a fun idea. Would be great for the grandkids to paint some and decorate too

• Susan Goode

yes its also reminder to those interested that I have created other similar ideas I'm uploading to hometalk very soon that are perfect to do with children too!