Teen Bedroom Makeover

$100

It was finally time to tackle Kadin's bedroom makeover. I remember when we moved into this house and how excited we were to decorate. Kadin wanted a graffiti wall, so I tried my best, but I'm obviously no graffiti artist. I'm big on painted ceilings and Kadin wanted red. I tried talking him out of the red, but he had his heart set on it. I gave in, but told him if I painted it red, it would always be red... I didn't want to deal with trying to cover it up later and he agreed.

This is what his room looked like before the makeover. Can you believe there was a time when we actually thought it looked cool?

And that graffiti wall... Kadin loved it! He was in 2nd grade and thought I gave him the coolest wall in the whole entire world!

I asked Kadin "remember when I said I would never paint over the red and you'd have to deal with it forever?" He kind of laughed and replied "Yes, but that was a huge commitment from an 8 year old"

He had just turned 15 and we were both ready for a new room... that red had to go!

Some of my inspiration for the new room.

Kadin wanted a dark blue and I wanted to go with a light blue to cover the red. We met in the middle with a cool aqua color. And guess what? It only took one coat of paint to cover the red! I used PPG paint in aqua.

I also painted two walls in a nice grey. I centered the bed and added art that we already had in other areas of the house.

I still need to paint that night stand, but I'll get to that...

We got rid of the dresser and now have all of his clothes arranged in the closet and it's awesome - I will do a post about that soon. We added a small entertainment center for all his electronics and it looks really cool.

What do you guys think? Do you like it? I would love to hear your thoughts...

Also, I would love if you followed me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lostmomblog/

• PPG paint  (Home Depot)
  • Painting supplies  (home depot)
  • Art  (Home)

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom