Fireplace Redo-Don't Buy a Mantel, Build Your Own!

$200.00
1 Week

After moving into a house you dislike it's important to try to make it "your own" on a budget. I couldn't stand this fireplace so I was on a mission to make one I LOVED:)
fireplace redo building mantel, diy, fireplaces mantels, home decor, seasonal holiday decor, tiling
Here is the picture of the fireplace-YUCK! I hated the green tile and the cutout (SO 80's), I also needed to get rid of the brass!
I first had to cover that ugly cutout above the fireplace. I located studs and went to work framing it in. Next, I dry-walled, sanded and applied the knockdown (which was NOT FUN), but, once I applied the paint I was happy.
Next, I removed the ugly green tile and replaced it with this off white tile that was only $4.95 a piece. 1 piece was cut in 2 for around the fireplace...(can you say CHEAP...WOOHOO)! Oh, I also painted the fireplace metal black!
I found these great scones at a discounted lighting store (Regular $600.00 a piece, I got them for $30.00 because of a scratch on the side that I fixed). AHHHH.
I then hung a mirror and duded it up for Christmas! After all my Dad was coming for Christmas last year and with his Cancer diagnosis I wanted him to sit by a pretty fireplace with his coffee and rest. XOXO Tiffany

Tiffany's Therapy