Whimsical Lamp Stand

$4

I had this gold painted lamp stand and although it was beautiful, it didn't suit my style or my decor. i decided to transform it and give it a new and whimsical look.

Old wood lamp stand
Old wood lamp stand

I first painted the base using black acrylic paint.

Acrylic black paint on base
Acrylic black paint on base

I then began to add details with these awesome new acrylic paint pens. I am new to using acrylic paint pens and begin to really love the control and ease of painting. I start to make the black and white stripes.

Creating stripes with Acrylic paint pens

I used pink and orange paint to create the whimsical look and began to see the stand transforming.

Painting two coats of paint
Painting two coats of paint

I love how the colours and textures come together and really come to life! How easy and simple is that.

Adding detail  stripes
Adding detail stripes

I keep adding little dots and making sure the piece is truly quirky looking.

I’m so happy with this lampstand's new identity! I also gave the lamp shade a new look.

Whimsical Lamp stand
Whimsical Lamp stand

That's the finished product. Take a look at it with the new lampshade as well. I hope

sweet whimsical lamp stand make over

To see how I gave the shade a makeover, take a look at my post- http://www.hometalk.com/41853859/red-white-bl...

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Darcie
    13 hours ago

I love it! I too adore MacKenzieChilds Inspired decorations. ♥️

• Linda Jameson
    10 hours ago

I also paint complicated folk art pieces but I would have chosen another base to paint. The lamp looked beautiful. I paint discarded furniture and objects to give them a new life.

• Susan Goode
      27 minutes ago

yes I also have another one the same and will be keeping it as original. I wanted to try vamp up to the new whimsical look to fit in with my decor.