Amanda @ Our Storied Home
Amanda @ Our Storied Home
  • Georgetown, KY

Peek-a-Boo Changing Table

This $50 entertainment armoire-turned-changing table keeps diapers, wipes and other baby supplies close and easily hidden when guests pop in.
changing table entertainment armoire repurpose, bedroom ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
I saved the cabinet from a bad paint job and dusty corner in a thrift store a few years ago. Up until now, it has been used as a entertainment cabinet. When we decided to mount our TV, I was a little sad that we no longer had a purpose for this piece. I was sort of pouting about sending it away as I cleaned up my first floor, which was cluttered with baby supplies. That's when it hit me! The armoire could give me a mini-nursery space on the first floor to save me from running up and down the stairs all day.
I keep diapers, wipes, baby linens and bath supplies in here. I love that I have a place to stand and change diapers instead of trying to change my newborn son on the sofa.
Best of all, I can close the doors when company comes and hide it all!

Amanda @ Our Storied Home

• Ann Robbins

I love this idea! I'm curious if the block mobile was a DIY or if you ordered it from somewhere? I'd love it for my little guy's nursery!

• Jeanette S

What a fantastic idea! Love this! With people going to flat screens, these cabinets are becoming available for almost nothing...our neighbor gave us one about a week before my daughter leased her apartment...she sure was glad to get it! Add a few shelves and it can become a pantry sitting in a living room or dining room out of the way. Pull out baskets make everything accessible!

• Heather Lynn Whittington

I feel in love with this idea and this armoire in particular. Any ideas on where is from, who makes this particular armoire? ?