Debra Matherne
Debra Matherne
  • Russellville, AL

Upcycled Old Window - Chalkboard/Corkboard

$30.00

I recently purchased several old windows. I decided to upcycle one of them for my kitchen.
chalkboard paint window old upcycle art, chalkboard paint, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Here she is all prettied up hanging in my kitchen.:-)
I started out with an old 6 pane window, some good music, & sweet tea. :-) Removed all the glass panes, and scraped it down.
I painted it black & distressed it. Cut plywood panels to fit the window, covered them with burlap, chicken wire, cork, and painted 2 with chalkboard paint.
I loved the way it turned out, but I needed some decorations. The hubs helped me cut out an M from a 1 x 8. I painted it teal & red and did lots of distressing. I made a summery paper flower garland & small flowers for my pushpins.

• Debra Matherne

Thank you Sharon. We hung it in the kitchen and use it for lists, notes, and photos. :-)

• Pam Perkins Zirbel

@Debra Matherne .....WELL DONE!! I have seen this done a few times and they are all cool...but I DO love this one! The colors, the distressing and the chicken wire/burlap pieces!!! Love it!!