Asked on Jun 22, 2012


Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com3po3


Well things have changed a bit, I am currently having an inground pool put it. The contractor will do the wiring from the shed to the pool, but we are responsible from the house to the shed. I wasn't here but, the contractors son told the contractor that I needed 8/3 wire from the house to the shed. Now what, my boyfriend can wire this but the specifics he is not sure as far as the breaker in the house and the box in the shed, does someone
have any idea what I am talking about because I am not sure. And the contractor won't be out until Monday and we would like to have this ready for when he arrives.
2 answers
  • 3po3
    on Jun 23, 2012

    I hate to say this given your time crunch, but I would not mess with this outdoor electrical work unless you are really confident in what you're doing. Time to network and see if you can find someone handy to take care of this for you this weekend. You can search for contractors at the top of the page. They shouldn't charge much for a simple job, but the peace of mind will be priceless.

  • I thought I answered this for you already. Or perhaps you posted it twice? In any case rough the 8/3 wire from panel to where you think the other panel will be placed in the shed and let the electrical contractor install the fuse or breaker for you. Depending upon how and what is getting wired, Most likely unless he or she tells you exactly what to do, you may end up wasting your time as they may need to remove them. But running the wire to the two points in the house and yard, you will safe him/her some valuable billing time.

Your comment...