IS SOMETHING WRONG W/THE BARK OF MY CURLY WILLOW - aka CORKSCREW TREE?

+9
This tree was started about 5 years ago from a stem which had been cut off another tree. Now look at it!!!
My question: Is the bark and trunk supposed to look like this?? Kind of gnarly and like the bark is peeling off? It seems to be perfectly healty when you look at the leaves.
is something wrong w the bark of my curly willow aka corkscrew tree, gardening
is something wrong w the bark of my curly willow aka corkscrew tree, gardening, See how rough and rugged this looks Is this norma
See how rough and rugged this looks? Is this norma?
is something wrong w the bark of my curly willow aka corkscrew tree, gardening, I did snip all the new growth off just the other day I have it in water we ll see if it sprouts new roots which is how I came by mine gee HOW did Cleo get in there she s everywhere LOL
I did snip all the new growth off (just the other day) I have it in water - we'll see if it sprouts new roots - which is how I came by mine!! (gee - HOW did Cleo get in there??? - she's everywhere LOL)