Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Lexington, SC

Guest Room Goes Farmhouse

$875
2 Weeks

It was time to get rid of the yellowish walls and update the spare bedroom. I found an inspiration picture online and began to copy!

One After View
One After View

Below is a before. I’ll add some close ups and descriptions on how I got there.

Before Pic
Before Pic

We replaced tan carpet with gray and painted the walls SW Repose gray.

Antique Secretary
Antique Secretary

Decided to use a family antique secretary beside the bed.

guest room goes farmhouse

Painted an old gold mirror white to go above the secretary. Purchased a buffalo check duvet in gray for the bedding.

Drop Cloth Curtain
Drop Cloth Curtain

I can’t get a good pic of these no sew drop cloth curtains. They look better than this pic!

Painted Vases
Painted Vases

These vases were brown. I pulled them down from the attic and painted them white.

Before Pic of Vases
Before Pic of Vases
Photos Above Bed
Photos Above Bed

I had three family photos printed in black and white and framed them to go above the bed.

Added a Family Sconce
Added a Family Sconce

The sconce was gold too. Painted it gray. Placed candles and a small case on it.

Different View
Different View
Close Up of Drop Cloth Curtains
Close Up of Drop Cloth Curtains
Another View
Another View

Still not completely finished. I want to either get another lamp or paint the one I have. And the other wall I didn’t show needs something.

Sorry for the photography. It is really hard to get the lighting right.

Thanks,

• Paint  (Lowes)
  • Carpet  (Home Depot)
  • Duvet  (Bed Bath & Beyond)

• Debi53

Your room is really, really lovely. Would you be open to a few suggestions-just a couple of tweaks? The mirror next to the lamp looks like it has a raised design. I have one similar to this. I would rub watered down paint in your yellow accent color or a neutral gray or charcoal onto the frame and then wipe away. This will bring your mirror to life. You could also do this with a dark wax, just go over the entire frame with clear wax first. Then where you have the small vase up on the shelf, I would replace everything there with one large chunky candle in your accent color. Whether you take my suggestions or not, you have a great room that would make any guest feel welcome!

• Wendy

I love what you did! It looks adorable and so cozy!

• Becky (J) P

it's very cute. Nice touch with the black and white photos.