Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Enamel Bucket

$3

I love to use Dollar store Items and make them look expensive, and I also love sharing those ideas with you! I found these metal buckets and decided to spruce them up!

eamel bucket

Here it is, before and after

eamel bucket

Here's what I did. First, I spray painted the galvanized metal.

eamel bucket

Then, using a black sharpie, I traced over the lettering.

eamel bucket

Then, using a bit of black chalk paint, I traced the top and bottom lids of the tin.

eamel bucket

It looked good just like this, but I decided to add feet so it could be used as a caddy for the kitchen or bathroom.

eamel bucket

I had these wood balls that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I decided to use them as little legs. I painted them using the black chalk paint as well.

eamel bucket

Once they were dry, I just glued them on with my E 6000 and let dry- Bam! Another quick project!

Tip: You can use any tin bucket for this project! You can use a pretty stencil on the front, or draw something freestyle.

eamel bucket

I think it looks like an enamel claw foot tub. What do you think of this $3 project?

• Pearl

What kind of plants can be put in a galvanized bucket for a container garden?

question #2, what are succulent plants?

• Tracey

Shelly, you would then need a tray underneath to collect the drainage?

• Jeanne Martin

I just bought this exact same galvanized plant pot from my Dollar Store along with a similar bucket shaped planter. I was just going to use them for summer flowers as is but now I want to do your great idea to them. I love the finished look! One quick question tho...did you lightly sand them first for better paint adhesion?..

Thznks!

• Gail

Is it a dollar store where everything is a dollar or one with various prices? How much did you pay for it?

• Gail

Thank you. I was hoping it was dollar tree. Family dollar and dollar general don’t really sell things for a dollar.

• Teresa

very cute! It looks like it cost a lot more than that!

• Apryl-lyn Lewis

I'm an activity assistant at an independent/personal care residence and I've been looking for something inexpensive that everyone can make... This idea is PERFECT!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!