Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

How to Keep Flies Away With 3 Things You Have at Home!

Last weekend a friend gave me a tip that just BLEW MY MIND, and it had to do with repelling flies with three things you have on hand RIGHT NOW. So if you don’t want to hear about bugs, I’ll understand– simply cover your ears and say “lalalala” until the post is over. But for the rest of you, read on to learn my friend’s trick for how to keep your next outdoor party fly-free!
how to keep flies away home items, outdoor living, pest control
One of my college BFFs came for a visit recently and after sitting down for a nice dinner on the deck we started to get bombarded with that pesky summer staple– FLIES.
“Don’t you know the fly trick?” — college BFF
“What fly trick?” — me
“The pennies in the cup fly trick.” — college BFF
I’d heard rumors of people using plastic baggies filled with water and pennies to repel flies in their home, but hadn’t thought to take the action outdoors. So I followed her directions and filled up three glasses with water and a few pennies (about 4-5), placed them around the food, and watched. We watched the flies come in to land, see the water, and turn around and ZOOM AWAY.
Glass + Water + Pennies = crazy fly repelling abilities.
It was unreal. I’d say it reduced the flies by about 90%. At one point we looked up and the flies were just sitting on the deck railing staring at all the food they couldn’t ruin.
RE-ENACTMENT:
There's a couple tricks to getting this right, so be sure to click on over to my blog post with the info you'll need so this works for you! http://makinglemonadeblog.com/how-to-keep-flies-away-fly-repellent-water-baggies/
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Yve N Aldo Sandoval

Do the pennies have to be in a clear glass?

• Carol Wilson

No. Just something clear. The meat processor we use has them in ziplock bags nailed to the wall around their doors! I asked what it was for and she told me that it keeps the flies away! Who knew! I WORKS!

• Ama

Whenever I give outdoor parties, I use an 8ft long and narrow table for all the food I serve and what guests bring over. Do I have to use wine glasses next to every single dish or can I line them up in the middle like 4 every 2 ft. or 8 for every foot?
  • Pennie Collins

Can someone tell me WHY this works?

• Vjo14507965

Pinesol spray helps with flies
  • TRISHA4NOW

We are having a Bar-B-Q this weekend so I’m anxious to try the Pennies in the Glasses trick! For once we won’t be swatting,Ike maniacs and will be able to eat and enjoy our meal! Is there a trick that will turn my husband into a Bar-B-Q Master? 😁