How to Keep Flies Away With 3 Things You Have at Home!

Last weekend a friend gave me a tip that just BLEW MY MIND, and it had to do with repelling flies with three things you have on hand RIGHT NOW. So if you don’t want to hear about bugs, I’ll understand– simply cover your ears and say “lalalala” until the post is over. But for the rest of you, read on to learn my friend’s trick for how to keep your next outdoor party fly-free!
One of my college BFFs came for a visit recently and after sitting down for a nice dinner on the deck we started to get bombarded with that pesky summer staple– FLIES.
“Don’t you know the fly trick?” — college BFF
“What fly trick?” — me
“The pennies in the cup fly trick.” — college BFF
I’d heard rumors of people using plastic baggies filled with water and pennies to repel flies in their home, but hadn’t thought to take the action outdoors. So I followed her directions and filled up three glasses with water and a few pennies (about 4-5), placed them around the food, and watched. We watched the flies come in to land, see the water, and turn around and ZOOM AWAY.
Glass + Water + Pennies = crazy fly repelling abilities.
It was unreal. I’d say it reduced the flies by about 90%. At one point we looked up and the flies were just sitting on the deck railing staring at all the food they couldn’t ruin.
RE-ENACTMENT:
There's a couple tricks to getting this right, so be sure to click on over to my blog post with the info you'll need so this works for you! http://makinglemonadeblog.com/how-to-keep-flies-away-fly-repellent-water-baggies/

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Carrie MakingLemonade

• Melinda Hernandez

Do I have to put anything else in the water.

or just a few pennies ?

• Oliva

Just 3-5 pennies. Obviously, the larger the glass container, the more pennies you would add.

• Gale

Do you have to use pennies?

• Oliva

The theory is that the copper reflection is magnified, appearing to flies as predators.

• Cindy

Does the container have to be glass?

• Oliva

Yes-it magnifies the reflection of the pennies, which flies appear to view as predator insects.

• Em

Had not idea what this meant so I looked it up. It would have made more sense if you would have posted why it worked for you. I think a lot of people will blindly follow but personally I like to know why things work.

The water and the pennies create a prism that reflects colors, and also projects the image of the water. Flies don't like water, and they don't like the colors given off from the pennies. Flies have compound eyes so the bags look like a giant body of water to them, therefore they leave.

• Annie P

YEA!!! Cannot wait to try this!!!