Asked on Mar 3, 2019

How do we get a hood over a gas stove?

LucyfShore grandmomTIreland  ☘️
+6

We just bought a old house that was built in the 1915. The previous owners didn't have a hood over the gas stove. We have no extra money to have one installed. What other options are there? There's no outlet to the roof.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi Lucy, You could add a Ven - just need electric.t Axia Extractor fan to the window or wall to take away the cooking smells & steam or Buy a self contained Cooker Hood (just need electric) or for the time being - open a window..........

• Lucyf
      Lucyf

window is good but its cold or raining it might be problem. But I had not a clue thanks for response.

• Dfm
    Dfm

You can get a stove hood that will filter the air from the stove, and doesn’t need to go thru the roof. Best thing I’ve done for this kitchen.

• Ellis
    Ellis

You can get range hoods that have a fan and recirculate the air, after drawing it through the filter, or that vent directly through the wall (if your stove is against an outside wall!) For a fan that vents to the outside, there are through-the-wall vent fans (you can look at them on Amazon) that are pretty effective.

• Lucyf
      Lucyf

Thanks for helping this has given me some ideas. I was clueless about this.

• TIreland  ☘️
    TIreland ☘️

Hi Lucyf , Are you wanting to just circulate the air? Or to move the air outside?

Lowes ( I’m pretty sure it’s Lowe’s)

carries a fan that fits in your window that is an exhaust fan if you turn one way. Then a regular fan if you switch it the other.

This may work for you until you decide what you want I found this one on Amazon

☘️

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

There are range hoods that are ventless (no need to breach the wall or roof).

• Lucyf
    Lucyf

Thanks you for saying that. I must be old school I didn't have a clue in how this could work! I took on a challenge in a 100 yrs old home and the stove sets right back to back with another room.