Gorgeous Green Plantpot Makeover

$4

Here's a great project idea! Rather than buy new planters to get a fresh new look in the house for spring, I decided to try and revamp some old dull ones with acrylic paint and some new paint pens. This brown earthy stoneware one is a good strong pot and nice big size that looked like it was screaming out for a bit of colour and new design!

Old plantpot
Old plantpot

I begin by painting the whole pot in dark green acrylic paint .

Painting the pot green
Painting the pot green

I let the two coats of green dry then use an acrylic paint pen in black to draw my flower designs on surface. The paint pens are super nice to work with and glide easily over the surface.

Draw design with black paint pens
Draw design with black paint pens

I fill in with some bright yellow outlines now to give bright contrast.

Painting yellow detail on pot
Painting yellow detail on pot

I keep adding highlights and a few dots here and there till I feel happy I’ve got the look I desire.

I leave to dry.

wow what a transformation and ready now for this gorgeous green Yucca plant to live in!

Acrylic painted plantpot makeover
Acrylic painted plantpot makeover

I hope you like it as much as I do!

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Susan Goode

Thanks Wendy and was so so lovely to design and paint.....I'm bringing out a whole range of different colours soon!

• Susan Goode

Hah now there's a notion maybe I should work towards that! I meant that i will make a range of plant pots in different designs and colours to sell in my Etsy and Amazon shop

• Kat

Oh, I just Love Your Design~ Really Festive & Pretty! I can't believe I didn't know about Acrylic Paint Pens... I Need/WANT Some!

Thanks for the ideas & inspiration.

💖🐈