How to Design Your Own Knobs

$3

I had a plain and simple chest of drawers that I wanted to cheer up a bit with some color. I decided to put my new paint pens to use and see if I could breath some new life into the piece. I gave the wooden drawer knobs some color with the paint pens!

Wooden knobs

I painted a base coat on the knobs using a chalky furniture paint. Let those dry, and then the fun begins!

Base coat of chalky furniture paint

I gave these a second coat to be sure the knobs are fully covered.

Adding base coat of paint to knobs

I then started to add in some designs- flowers, dots, and accents using the paint pens. They look bright, vibrant, and quirky! I chose a wide variety of colours and experimented with patterns.

Painting detail with acrylic paint pens

I love how easy they are to apply and they come in such lovely colours.

Adding dots and accents.

I am so pleased with how these pretty knobs turned out- so colourful and quaint.

Sweet little Painted drawer knobs

You can use them all together, or on different pieces.

Sweet Painted drawer knobs

Here are these on this side table! How cute do they look! I hope this inspires you to add some more color to your home.

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Margie Hood

i love how artsy and colorful...does that match other colors in a room or did you start from that piece??? great idea if so to start a room from your own idea..I did that on accident in my 4 yo daughters room all because i made 2 rag wreaths for her room..changed her whole room

• Susan Goode

Thanks for your interest and feedback. I was inspired by the colour combination of pink and green black and white so it doesn’t quite fit the room but I like a little clash!

• Barbara Cavalier

I love your projects? I want to do lots of Deceration

• Bek

SO CUTE! And if you are a huge fan of wood grain, those unfinished wooden knobs can easily be dyed with Ritz fabric dye, and then embellished as Susan shows! Best of BOTH worlds!