Chenille Wall Hanging Tapestry

$10

I'm excited to show you this chenille wall hanging tapestry I made. I have always loved chenille bedspreads. They remind me of my Grandma. She always had one on her bed and I can remember sitting on her bed and tracing the peach and green flowers and swirls. I started collecting chenille bedspreads my kids love them now also. One of our favorites started tearing and so I decided to make it into a wall hanging.

chenille wall hanging tapestry
chenille wall hanging tapestry

This was a king size bedspread, but I cut out the center for my wall hanging.

chenille wall hanging tapestry

I used my hot glue gun to add chenille yarn to the fabric. I worked in small sections and followed the designs. Make sure tp press the yarn down firmly on the glue after a few seconds so it's on securely.

chenille wall hanging tapestry

I used loop yarn to make flowers and add more fun decorations.

chenille wall hanging tapestry

I decided to add some colorful ribbon and pom poms.

chenille wall hanging tapestry

You can use a wooden dowel to hang this wall hanging (which is what I originally intended to do), but at the last minute I decided to hang it directly on the wall with thumbtacks.

chenille wall hanging tapestry

If you like this craft, be sure to check out my blog for more crafts and fun projects!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• ShelbyNeen

I grew up with chenille bedspreads in our household.

So I bought one online about two years ago and it finally arrived and was super dry and it instantly started linting up the bed, floor and air. I handwashed and dried to damp on low. A ton of lint came off and from there it just disintegrated. I paid way too much and bought from a website in China which would not return my emails or calls. Live and learn. However, if I see one in person that looks like healthy (not rotting) chenille I'm grabbing it up.

• ShelbyNeen

Thanks Holly -

Unfortunately it took me a few times to learn that lesson.

I hadn't even thought of thrift stores. That must be a great place for this kind of treasure hunt. Plus it's fun to spend the day looking.

Love the outcome of your project.

Shelby

• NaniJen

My grandmother always had chenille bedspreads and I too have always loved them....and I commented this on your "flower wall hanging" project, but here goes again! (😊)

I am redecorating my bedroom in a bohemian look, and again, I think this also would fit in with that look. Thank you for your double inspiration today!! 💜💜💜