Doyle D
Doyle D
  • Muskegon, MI
Asked on Jun 23, 2012

Critters in the Garden

Grandmasue10Audrey TDouglas Hunt
+6

I have creatures (chipmunks or squirrels) digging in my small garden. Does anyone know of cheap or no-cost ways of keeping these critters out of my garden.
  • 3po3

You can spray repellents such as Ro-Pel on your plants to keep them away. Trapping them and releasing them pretty far away may be your only other good option.

What Steve said!

• Miriam I

Here's an interesting thread on this topic: http://www.hometalk.com/176871/ann-rose

• Doyle D

If it's the squirrels that are tearing up my garden, you get to be numero uno Miriam. I also need to find for the chipmunks, both articles say they don't work on the chip-n-dales.

• Miriam I

Hey, I'll take it! If you do a search for squirrels here, you'll find some interesting discussions, too. Good luck!

• Doyle D

It seems to be chipmunks burying sunflower seeds.

You'll probably have to trap the chipmunks to end the problem, Doyle.

• Audrey T

Relocation is not feesible since there must be a hundred or so, thanks anyway. The combination of mothballs and cayenne pepper or Re Pel, maybe!!! Thanks you everyone

• Grandmasue10

I was going to say mothballs, but they are not pet safe. There are two products on the internet, coyote urine and wolf urine. Read the directions to see which is effective on small critters. Maybe it's fox urine.Whatever it is don't worry, it is processed to be safe to use.