Homemade Deodorizing Kitchen Sink Scrub

$2

This homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub is something I use every day, and I think you will love it too!

There is one pet peeve of mine that really gives me the creeps…lol…and that is a dirty kitchen sink!

You know the dirty kitchen sink that almost has a gummy look to it? With stuck on food, grease, grim, and all the things from the day!

Kitchen sinks are probably one of the dirtiest places in the home, even more so than parts of the bathroom due to all the food that goes in there. So, this scrub will keep your sink much cleaner and smelling fresh. Plus, it is great for the garbage disposal!

homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups baking soda
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 10 drops tea tree oil
  • 10 drops lemon oil
  • Drizzle of dishwashing liquid

Directions:

1. In a bowl, mix up the baking soda, salt, and essential oils. You can store this dry mix in a glass jar, glass bowl, or anything that is handy. You can also just mix this up as you go, but I will add those directions after this.
  2. Sprinkle this dry baking soda mixture all around the sink. 
  3. Take your bottle of dishwashing liquid, drizzle a small amount on top! You want this to stay gritty and dry to exfoliate. The dish soap will add a small amount of suds.
  4. With a scrub brush, scrub the entire sink in a circular motion. Use a tooth brush to really get around the drain! If needed, you can add a small amount of water to create more soap suds.
  5. Rinse out sink and turn on garbage disposal while it goes down the drain.
Alternative Directions:

For Alternative directions (AKA when you want to make this quick), click here!

homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub

homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub
Why These Ingredients??

Believe it or not, there is some chemistry behind this little homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub mix. It is so simple, but each ingredient plays a role in making this scrub efficient. CLICK Here to learn the WHY!

homemade deodorizing kitchen sink scrub

• Baking soda  (store)
  • Tea tree oil  (online)
  • Lemon oil  (online)
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet