Joy
Joy
  • Houston, TX

Easy Budget-Friendly Light Fixture Makeover

$15

Light fixtures can really take a bite out of a room’s budget. Let me show you how to create an easy budget-friendly light fixture makeover in just a few hours.

I have a confession to make. I have a serious love for light fixtures. I’m not kidding…I have heart palpitations for a gorgeous fixture. When we took on the Jeffrey Court challenge last fall, I had to be realistic with what items I could reuse for the project for the budget sake. When you are having to buy a new tub, toilet, fixtures- it starts adding up in a major way. I decided to keep the vanity lights and I decided that someway somehow I needed to use the builder grade light fixture in the shower/toilet area. Thus, the easy budget-friendly light fixture makeover idea was born!

easy budget friendly light fixture makeover

STEP 1:

So, this is super simple. To update the fixture, I purchased a clear seeded glass globe from Home Depot.  I will include a link here.

STEP 2:

Clean the base and remove the old globe.

STEP 3:

Grab your favorite paint and carefully paint the fixture base. Use painter’s tape if necessary. I chose a fabulous newer product by DecoArt. It’s matte metallic paint. I could not believe how upgraded it made my old builder’s $5 light fixture look. GAME CHANGER, FRIENDS!

STEP 4:

This seems like a no brainer but go with me on this… change the bulb. We are going with a seeded glass globe so the light bulb needs to be clear. Looks SO MUCH BETTER.

STEP 5:

Step back and admire how very smart and budgety you are. Now you can spend that moolah on something else!

I still adore a good light fixture but being able to save some serious cash is just too good to pass up.

Till Later Friends,

Joy

If you would like to see more budget saving projects - be sure to check out my blog, The Aspiring Home.

Joy

• Beverly Wick Maltby Moore

Where is the paint? How was it applied?

• Chrissy Wells

I was a little confused myself. She changed the globe, and painted the base the globe is attached to! Dah

• Peggy

Did you paint inside the fixture?

• Joy

Yes but I avoided the electrical part. Since the new globe is clear - it was needed.