Homemade laundry detergent is simple to make. Here's how I made mine:
- 1.5 cups of Borax (a natural laundry booster)
- 1.5 cups Arm & Hammer’s Washing Soda (NOT baking soda)
- 1 bar of Castille soap (I used Dr. Bronner’s peppermint bar)
- Use a cheese grater to grate up your Castille soap.
- In a food processor, blend your grated up soap and a 1/2 cup of Borax and a 1/2 cup of Washing Soda until blended (you want those shreds of soap to be small).
- Pour the blended soap into a bowl with the remaining Borax and Washing Soda. Stir until it’s all blended well.
- Pour into a jar that has a seal (keep it fresh).
- When washing your clothes: Use two tablespoons to 1/4 cups of your homemade powder per load (sprinkled onto your clothes in the wash). We usually prefer to wash in cold water, and it’s been working!
- Enjoy all that money you’re saving.