Rubbing Alcohol Hacks

$1

We all know rubbing alcohol is a great disinfectant for first aid, and I found some great other ways to use it in your home too!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Hand Sanitizer -

Mix together 2 parts rubbing alcohol with 1 part Aloe Vera gel.

Place in a container and it's ready to use.

Deodorize & Disinfect Shoes -

Place rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle. Spray it inside shoes to fight off odors and disinfect them.

Clean Dry Erase Boards -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your white board, and wipe off with a paper towel.

Disinfect and Clean Keyboard -

Make sure your computer is off. Dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and rub onto your keys to clean them.

Clean Eye Glasses -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your eye glasses and wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

Clean & Disinfect Phone and Tablets -

Put a little rubbing alcohol onto a microfiber cloth and rub onto the glass of your phone or table to clean and disinfect it.

Reusable & Flexible Ice Pack -

Pour rubbing alcohol into a sealing baggie, and place in your freezer. Alcohol freezes at a much colder temperature than water and this allows your ice pack to get cold but remain flexible. When ready to use, pull it out, put the baggie on a cloth to protect the skin, and place it on the injury. Once you're finished, put it back in the freezer to be used again.

Grease Remover -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your stove top and other surfaces to clean, disinfect, and remove grease.

Disinfect, Clean, and Shine Your Sinks & Faucets -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your sinks and faucets. Wipe off with a paper towel. It'll not only clean disinfect your sinks and faucets, but it'll shine them right up too.

Clean Mirrors & Glass -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto mirrors and glass, then wipe up with a paper towel or microfiber cloth. It'll clean them right up.

Clean and Disinfect Toilets -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your toilet and wipe it up with a paper towel. It'll clean and disinfect your toilet. You can also use it to scrub out the bowl too.

Disinfect Pillows, Beds, and Great Air Freshener -

Place rubbing alcohol into a squirt bottle and add several drops of an essential oil of your choice. This makes a fantastic air fresher, and you can use it on your beds and pillows to disinfect them. You can also do this without the essential oil if you like.

Clean and Disinfect Your Counters -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your counters and wipe up with a paper towel or microfiber cloth. It's safe for granite!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Elizabeth Bovent

Can you use denatured alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol ?

• Robyn Garner

Have you made your own antibacterial hand soap? I have! Tiny bit of blue Dawn dish soap, water, tiny bit of baking soda (the granules are great for cleaning dirt off my hands after gardening!) and a splash of rubbing alcohol. I mix all this directly in my empty soap soap dispenser and have found it lasts a long time, leaves no residue on my hands and doesn't dry out my skin.

• Jodie A. Gonzales

Does rubbing alcohol work better than vinegar to clean wood floors? I need them clean and shiny but haven’t figured out how to really make them shine so Ive been settling for clean

• Dawn

Be careful using vinegar on hardwood floors. It's very acidic. If you really want some shine to those floors use a product call Rejuvenate. Its awesome!! I run a cleaning company and this is what I use on the hardwood floors

• HummerKlein

I love all your reads thank you and God bless every thing you touch

• Barbara ann

we bought a house 5 years ago that had beautiful hard wood floors ( the real deal,not laminate).after many trials & tribulations I finally found the secret.

in a bucket of warm water(we use one of the new spinner mops) add 1/2 cup of white vinegar,I find that this is not enough to worry about drying out the finish.

after mopping the floor( it will leave some moisture on the wood) I dry it with a wide dry mop with a terry cloth type cover & the drying is where you get your shine.

its an extra step but if you don't dry it it will be dull & flimy.