Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Fort Collins, CO

Rubbing Alcohol Hacks

$1

We all know rubbing alcohol is a great disinfectant for first aid, and I found some great other ways to use it in your home too!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

rubbing alcohol hacks

Hand Sanitizer -

Mix together 2 parts rubbing alcohol with 1 part Aloe Vera gel.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Place in a container and it's ready to use.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Deodorize & Disinfect Shoes -

Place rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle. Spray it inside shoes to fight off odors and disinfect them.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean Dry Erase Boards -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your white board, and wipe off with a paper towel.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Disinfect and Clean Keyboard -

Make sure your computer is off. Dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and rub onto your keys to clean them.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean Eye Glasses -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your eye glasses and wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean & Disinfect Phone and Tablets -

Put a little rubbing alcohol onto a microfiber cloth and rub onto the glass of your phone or table to clean and disinfect it.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Reusable & Flexible Ice Pack -

Pour rubbing alcohol into a sealing baggie, and place in your freezer. Alcohol freezes at a much colder temperature than water and this allows your ice pack to get cold but remain flexible. When ready to use, pull it out, put the baggie on a cloth to protect the skin, and place it on the injury. Once you're finished, put it back in the freezer to be used again.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Grease Remover -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your stove top and other surfaces to clean, disinfect, and remove grease.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Disinfect, Clean, and Shine Your Sinks & Faucets -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your sinks and faucets. Wipe off with a paper towel. It'll not only clean disinfect your sinks and faucets, but it'll shine them right up too.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean Mirrors & Glass -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto mirrors and glass, then wipe up with a paper towel or microfiber cloth. It'll clean them right up.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean and Disinfect Toilets -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your toilet and wipe it up with a paper towel. It'll clean and disinfect your toilet. You can also use it to scrub out the bowl too.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Disinfect Pillows, Beds, and Great Air Freshener -

Place rubbing alcohol into a squirt bottle and add several drops of an essential oil of your choice. This makes a fantastic air fresher, and you can use it on your beds and pillows to disinfect them. You can also do this without the essential oil if you like.

rubbing alcohol hacks

Clean and Disinfect Your Counters -

Spray rubbing alcohol onto your counters and wipe up with a paper towel or microfiber cloth. It's safe for granite!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• GAIL Loy

Can I use rubbing alcohol on my HD TV screen?

• Iolanda

What is rubbing alcohol

• Renata

Have u tried this on granite? Also granite sinks? I have white mineral spots on my black granite sink that is just driving me nuts on what to get them off with.

• Diana west

use white vinegar and spray on and let sit for a few seconds and then wipe. you can use this for stainless steel and any washable surface and soak any calcified sink spray nozzles.

• Mrs B

Great ideas! I have a small spray bottle with 1:1 water and 91% isopropyl alcohol for winter. After starting car and turning on the defroster, I spray it on my windshield - then spray headlights/taillights/side mirrors. Give it a minute or two (depending how much 'frost' or ice in on the windshield) and when you turn on your wipers it should clear it all. Only works where it actually touches, so you might have to spray quite a bit on the windows, but it works. Haven't had any problems with discoloring or damaging car (mine is dark green so it would be very noticeable) and I have had to mix some up and spray around driver's door a couple times :(

• Flipturn

Yes, rubbing alcohol is an inexpensive cleaner for many surfaces, but it is very drying to the skin. I would recommend wearing nitrile or rubber gloves when using it in both sprayers and on a cloth.