Rebatching Old Candles

$1
1 Week

I don't know about you but I can't bare to toss away leftover wax from burned out candles ~ fragranced or not. I scrape out the leftover wax and sort the colors in baggies with the intention of rebatching them into "new" candles. We lose electricity in the winter - sometimes a lot - so candles come in handy and let's face it ~ I love candles!

When I came across not 1 but 2 boxes of all kinds of wax at a yard sale for 10 cents, I couldn't leave it there. These boxes contained huge hunks of plain wax along with votives without wicks, broken tapers, wax pebbles and more.I still had my drawer of baggies I hadn't gotten around to use,so in the Marie Kondo world of decluttering the only joy I was going to get was to use this wax up and have some 2 empty drawers.

I used to make scented candles all the time so I know the correct way but I wasn't making pretty candles (that's a whole other post) I was making candles for light in case of an electricity outage.So I was doing it the easy peasy way.

I cut up the wax into small chunks

I used my electric candle warmer. Placed a small glass jar on top and placed chunks of plain wax inside along with some colored wax for color.

Prep your candle jar with a wick by using a chopstick to wind the wick around or a clothespin to hold up straight.

Go about your business doing your other milion things.

When your wax has melted, pour just a little in the bottom, adjust your wick to be sure it is straight. This little layer of wax will cool quick enough to secure the wick to the bottom of the jar. Then finish pouring in the rest of the melted wax is in your candle jar.

You can see the layers building up each time some is poured in. Add more chunks of wax. Repeat. Keep filling until your jar is full.

Out of all my wax I made 18 assorted sizes and colors of candles.Now that's JOY.

This basically cost me 20 cents for the wax from the yard sale! Timewise I wasn't in a hurry and did multiple other things while the wax melted, so it took about a week to pour all these candles with my son helping during the night when he was up.

Ready for any outages!

For more details and photos, pop over to my blog

• Wax  (yard sale)
  • Jars  (already had)
  • Candle warmer  (already had)

Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure